Any british spotted their own house in TE UK?

yanlaoge

I don't have a house to comment on, but I was part of the Beta test team for TrueEarth Great Britain South.

I routinely compared the scenery to Google Earth satellite imagery while searching for bugs.  Most of the time I was able to match then up easily. 

Most buildings visible in GE satellite imagery are also on the photo-real layer of the scenery.  However, you probably won't see an image of the roof of your house, because a 3D house will have been placed on top of where your house is.

While the exact footprint shape of every house is not modeled, you will find many of the larger or uniquely shaped buildings in the satellite imagery have an appropriately shaped 3D structure placed in the scenery.  The texture on that 3D structure may not be perfect, but the shape is often a good approximation of what is really there.

10 minutes ago, Matt McGee said:

I don't have a house to comment on, but I was part of the Beta test team for TrueEarth Great Britain South.

I routinely compared the scenery to Google Earth satellite imagery while searching for bugs.  Most of the time I was able to match then up easily. 

Most buildings visible in GE satellite imagery are also on the photo-real layer of the scenery.  However, you probably won't see an image of the roof of your house, because a 3D house will have been placed on top of where your house is.

While the exact footprint shape of every house is not modeled, you will find many of the larger or uniquely shaped buildings in the satellite imagery have an appropriately shaped 3D structure placed in the scenery.  The texture on that 3D structure may not be perfect, but the shape is often a good approximation of what is really there.

Thank you for the account. That’s what I have expected.

Well I can see my house. I live in a very rural location and separated from other houses unlike city row houses.

BUT......... my house is facing the wrong way and my neighbours houses of which there are 2 in real life have become 4. My house actually faces side on to the road but is depicted as facing the road and there is a clear colour footprint of the correct orientation on the photoreal.

I will of course be demanding a full and unequivocal refund !!!!!!!!!:D:D

Houses are not hand placed in TrueEarth. Their position is determined by the automated autogen process which does not always cover every footprint. For this reason we don’t claim that you can “see your own house” in any of our promotional materials.

Only the larger odd-shaped commercial buildings, warehouses, factories and other landmarks are on their exact footprint.

We may refine and improve the autogen process over time, as this technology is constantly evolving.

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

Houses are not hand placed in TrueEarth. Their position is determined by the automated autogen process which does not always cover every footprint. For this reason we don’t claim that you can “see your own house” in any of our promotional materials.

Only the larger odd-shaped commercial buildings, warehouses, factories and other landmarks are on their exact footprint.

We may refine and improve the autogen process over time, as this technology is constantly evolving.

Hey John, any chance/plans to see that tech coming to different regions as South America, Asia and Africa? I mean, not the ortophotos and all, but the regionalised autogen, landmarks etc.

Those regions on X-Plane need some attention. Thanks and congrats on TE GB south.

Archived