Tonight's the night .. TE GB!

Hello all,

Just a quick update.

I think we are in a position to release tonight (Saturday night UK time).

• Full TE GB-S product build up on the servers and propagated to the CDN nodes - check!
  • Product page complete - check!
  • Email blast formatted and ready - check!
  • Release announcement formatted and ready - check!
  • Final tests of new FTX Central code - in progress.....

You will need to download a new version of FTX Central to be able to install TrueEarth GB South. This new version adds the new decompression system and other X-Plane specific functions. Be sure to upgrade FTXC before installing TE GB.

We are pretty pumped about this release - the "buzz" on forums, internet and social media is huge, and reminds us of the launch days of FTX Global.

Here's a quick straight V-key grab from my laptop whilst doing some final testing over EGHI an hour ago...

EGHI.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..I would rally for FS2 release as frames are way better than XP11 !

:-) lol

In my excitement I forgot the 'e'!!

I rather hope that this is not coming to a 'Mine is going to be better than yours' thread'!! Double LOL!! 

1 minute ago, djmoody said:

If only I could even get FTX Central to detect X-Plane :-(. Asks me to select a sim but doesn't list any. Would love to buy TE GB because it looks amazing but have no way of installing it at present...

Put your query in the FTX Central Support section. I am sure Nick will be able to guide you through to a resolution

2 minutes ago, djmoody said:

If only I could even get FTX Central to detect X-Plane :-(. Asks me to select a sim but doesn't list any. Would love to buy TE GB because it looks amazing but have no way of installing it at present...

That is weird, I would suggest to reboot and retry or open a new thread in the support forum :)

Oh....maybe not.  It has to 'convert' the files once downloaded.  And that is going VERY slowly, even on a 10 core PC with the files on a 1TB NVME SSD.  Currently saying it'll take 4 hours.  So there goes being able to fly with this tonight :(

Archived