I'll just make it there...

Chunk

Made an idiotic decision, one that kills real pilots all the time.  The "I'll just make it there" syndrome.  I should've chosen an alternate that I didn't have to fly through the soup to reach.  I didn't, and my virtual self ended up dead.  Glad we have sims for this.

Took off from Creswell/Hobby, with the intention of landing at Siletz Bay.

Gorgeous outside...

P3D449.jpg

...and inside.

P3D450.jpg

P3D451.jpg

P3D452.jpg

Great cruise settings.

P3D453.jpg

P3D454.jpg

P3D455.jpg

P3D456.jpg

This should've been a clue to look for an alternate.

P3D457.jpg

An even larger clue.

P3D458.jpg

Here's the last thing I saw before it all went to hell.

P3D459.jpg

I won't even bother posting the aftermath.  Needless to say, a complete overhaul was needed. :(

Beautiful shots Chunk and really love the interior of the aircraft, think I might keep an eye on that one for later. I wish A2A would start doing aircraft for Xplane as well, here’s hoping maybe one day. Sorry you didn’t make it. :( Derek.

That's no way to treat a brand new Bonanza V-tail...:)  Well you started out OK 5,000ft then you forgot to recheck altitude when the weather socked in, 2,700ft through the squall over the trees and into the dirt (was the S45 airstrip in sight at any point during your decent). AP off throttle up - pull up - go up, things look better when you have a Alternate and fuel. Hindsight I guess :ph34r:. The forest will heal but your pride may take a little longer, Siletz is still waiting for your last known position.

That is the beauty of the sim, we can all live to fly another day.

Although I think if some of our better halves ever found out how much we spend on our wonderful pastime our existence may be in danger.:ph34r:

All the same a wonderful series of images while it lasted.:)

Great shots Chunk and I'm with Jeff, if I had enough fuel I'd climb.  And besides with the GTN I can thread a needle in the terrain.  It would have been cool to see you find an alternate but at least you walked away.  Nice lesson here though.

Thanks gents!!

I’m still learning how to use the GTN, but I  should have climbed and found another place to put her down. I never saw the runway, even though I ended up being right over the top of it. When I reloaded, I started at Siletz, and it was completely socked in. 

Thanks Chunk,

In my haste to post, I forgot to tell you how much I liked your pictures, (the livery goes well with those fall colours) and how envious I am of your A2A Bonanza. I have a freeware one which is great, but maybe its time for me to get with the program and get something a lot more realistic...

1 hour ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Thanks Chunk,

In my haste to post, I forgot to tell you how much I liked your pictures, (the livery goes well with those fall colours) and how envious I am of your A2A Bonanza. I have a freeware one which is great, but maybe its time for me to get with the program and get something a lot more realistic...

Thank you, and if you do purchase this bird, you will NOT be disappointed. Be careful though, because you’ll end up wanting all the A2A birds!

Archived