TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11 is coming in hot!

4 hours ago, Sirids said:

Hi, downloaded this yesterday and FTX installed the scenery but put it in the wrong order. Did anyone else have this? I took off from London City Airport and didn’t see any scenery, like the O2 and Canary Wharf so re arranged it and have the scenery now. Just wondering if it is now in the proper order and not blocking anything else. I put the Ortho down towards the bottom (C) this was installed in the top half of my ini.file, the overlay one (B) I placed by other overlays down towards the bottom but above the ortho and True Earth custom at the top. Can anyone tell me if this would be correct,  i.e. not interfering with Global airports or anything else.

Many Thanks.

I’ve been rearranging the order of the scenery also and how you have it above sounds fine to me. One more thing to make sure though is that London Landmarks are above all of ORBX otherwise you will be missing a few landmarks like the London Eye, Big Ben and others. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, UKPilot said:

I’ve been rearranging the order of the scenery also and how you have it above sounds fine to me. One more thing to make sure though is that London Landmarks are above all of ORBX otherwise you will be missing a few landmarks like the London Eye, Big Ben and others. 

Thanks..... I’m not sure if it’s totally right the way I have it,  as I usually have around 60fps and pretty consistent too, but since I installed this it drops down quite low and quite often. When I installed it yesterday it worked great the first flight, but then I was eager to see London and saw no scenery there so re-arranged the files in the ini. Then had all the landmarks etc that I mentioned in London, but then performance took a hit. 

10 hours ago, Sirids said:

Thanks..... I’m not sure if it’s totally right the way I have it,  as I usually have around 60fps and pretty consistent too, but since I installed this it drops down quite low and quite often. When I installed it yesterday it worked great the first flight, but then I was eager to see London and saw no scenery there so re-arranged the files in the ini. Then had all the landmarks etc that I mentioned in London, but then performance took a hit. 

When you say you have True Earth Custom at the top, do you mean the very top? I have mine above the other two but below global airports and any other add on airports. 

• Ben McClintock unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Keith Foxhall said:

Hi, has anyone got a reason why the second New River Severn bridge isn’t modelled, the road is there but no bridge detail. I can’t really see that this would have been overlooked but suppose it might have been.

thanks.

It will be in the first update along with fixes and more POIs

15 hours ago, Flying_Squad said:

Can I just check, have they been edited before posting on the forum, or is this how one can expect it to look as default in xp11?

Reason I ask, some YouTube videos I’m seeing look nothing like these screenshots!

They haven't been edited, but it depends on what addons for weather/colours are being used. Many Youtube videos are using the default X-Plane colours which can leave things looking hazy and washed out, others use things like FSEnhancer, xVision etc which will make the sky more blue and colours brighter.

I guess it's a matter of a taste. I find default X-Plane colours very bland and dull and can make even Caribbean scenery look depressing , so I use xVision to brighten the colours up. Others use reshade, sweetfx etc. This is not much different than what users have done for years in FSX/P3D.

This is a game changer for sure...I bought xplane because of this extreme teaser.  I am so pleased to have done so and never thought I coulld be wrenched away from other platforms.

When can we expect the next instalment, Cant wait to get Snowdonia (North Wales) into the equation for VFR flying and of course there is the MACH loop and CAD East & West.
Well done Orbx team. :)

On 11/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, tonywob said:

They haven't been edited, but it depends on what addons for weather/colours are being used. Many Youtube videos are using the default X-Plane colours which can leave things looking hazy and washed out, others use things like FSEnhancer, xVision etc which will make the sky more blue and colours brighter.

I guess it's a matter of a taste. I find default X-Plane colours very bland and dull and can make even Caribbean scenery look depressing , so I use xVision to brighten the colours up. Others use reshade, sweetfx etc. This is not much different than what users have done for years in FSX/P3D.

Thanks for the info Tony.

So can you confirm that the effects shown on the screenshots are as a result of xVision?

I’d just like to use the enhancers/tweaks that Orbx recommend. Thanks in advance. 

37 minutes ago, Flying_Squad said:

Thanks for the info Tony.

So can you confirm that the effects shown on the screenshots are as a result of xVision?

I’d just like to use the enhancers/tweaks that Orbx recommend. Thanks in advance. 

Hello

I confirm that 90% of these shots are the result of the use SweetFX & MaxxFX but you can use also xVision or Reshade etc....It's the same approach.

Each Weather engine requires different settings.A standard setting does not exist for all situations.

It also depends on the settings of your monitor and of course what you want to see in your sim.

Here nothing obligatory but an option that I propose:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, so I bought Xplane 11 in the Steam sales, and picked up TrueEarth Britain South to wet my feet with the product... but now I've made a grave mistake..  Flight Simulation has never LOOKED SO GORGEOUS before.  I bought Gold Coast and Coolangatta Airport for P3D, but I'm afraid of going back...  Just wow...

I’ve had to buy x-plane 11 now. I didn’t realise just how out of date FSX-SE has become. It my understanding that many, including yourselves have used an add on to improve the colour or the land scenery. What’s the name of the add on, and where from?

35 minutes ago, ianroussel said:

I’ve had to buy x-plane 11 now. I didn’t realise just how out of date FSX-SE has become. It my understanding that many, including yourselves have used an add on to improve the colour or the land scenery. What’s the name of the add on, and where from?

I recommend all new Xplane users visit Xplane.org.

From there you will be ale to read forums on all matters Xplane, access the store and the download page with tons of free planes scenery, utilities etc.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

It's not in beta testing yet. Aiming for beta1 for December 7th. Release cannot be predicted yet.

Thanks John. 

On on the subject of True Earth, I’m currently downloading Netherlands and it’s going to take 2 days. Seeing as you live just down the road from me, could you check if you’ve also got this problem ? 500kbs per second. 

7 minutes ago, ianroussel said:

I want the same sort of result you have in your Southern Britain screen shots. By the way will you be including the Channel Islands in the future?

Then you will need xvision, but it does not work with the current 11.30 beta5. If you opt out of the X-Plane public beta then you can still run it. xVision is what gives all our screenshots that nice PTA-style feel to them. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 10:40 AM, John Venema said:

Then you will need xvision, but it does not work with the current 11.30 beta5. If you opt out of the X-Plane public beta then you can still run it. xVision is what gives all our screenshots that nice PTA-style feel to them. 

This is important information :)  Glad that Orbx are forthcoming with this sort of thing. Looking forward to getting the same look and feel. If you have any other suggestions and add-ons you use with this software please let us know (if not already broadcast).

Archived