TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11 is coming in hot!

20 hours ago, stevebarker12 said:

Please can someone tell me if a i7 gtx1060 6gb vram will work  for this scenery?

Is there a min or recommended spec for true earth?

Kind regards

Steve

I can't directly answer your question, but I can offer what I would do, regardless...and that is this; no matter what your present card will give you...this scenery is so advanced, from what we have been cross-platform used to...that I'd buy it no matter what...and what ever your present card puts to your screen,  it will be a flight enthusiast experience!  Then...as you can purchase another card, or full system re-do...more of the capabilities of this package will be unveiled. :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, stevebarker12 said:

Please can someone tell me if a i7 gtx1060 6gb vram will work  for this scenery?

Is there a min or recommended spec for true earth?

Kind regards

Steve

Steve, I have an i7 with gtx 970 and it works great for me.  I do have 16 gb ram though.

7 hours ago, Flygsidan said:

I have been using FSX and P3D only for the last 30 years but like many I follow X-plane closely, especially with the announcement of TrueEarth UK for X-plane, it looks simply Amazing! My question is regarding FPS in general in X-plane. I have a so so machine. It can run True Earth Netherlands for P3Dv4 with +30 frames in farmland and smaller to medium cities but run in to problems in Amsterdam and especially above Rotterdam.

For those who use both, do you get similar performace with similar settings in P3d and X-plane?

Mike

flygsidan.wordpress.com (Follow my panel building Project)   

I've got ZL17 ortho with GB pro autogen buildings around the Manchester area, with OrbX Barton installed alongside it, and you can tell when you are flying over the OrbX section. The framerate is a tad smoother and the overall look is more natural and subtle. I'd wager that TE Great Britain will be along the same lines as it uses the same tech. Also I think the OrbX ground textures are enhanced with a decal effect, so even at ground level, they look better than ortho without decal texture. Not sure if that's quite what you were asking, but I think it's relevant to XP at least.

Hi there, will we need to delete things like Sim Europe or anything else that adds buildings, and  extra bits of scenery etc?

I do have ortho around most of the UK, so I will delete that, just not sure what happens with other scenery add ons. I’m assuming FTX will install this and that we wouldn’t have to do anything else to it but just fly? 

Literally can’t wait to explore!

many thanks 

I would definitely remove scenery files which add buildings and objects to the UK. I’d remove any UK-specific scenery and ortho. This will ensure there are no conflicts.

You can keep any third party payware airports installed, no problem. Just keep in mind that if they include any ortho or ground imagery around the airport it likely won’t be colour matched to TE GB.

You can keep any ortho above 53 degrees until TrueEarth GB Central is released.

Will GBPro have to be completely removed since that covers  buildings for the whole of the UK? If possible I would like to keep that going for central UK region until TE Central release. I wonder if there is a way to create exclusions for the southern half of the UK for GBPro....or maybe I should just switch to default autogen for the time being!

It seems that the default UK airports are pretty decent in XP, but I wonder if there are plans for porting the OrbX FSX English airports across to work in XP11? I had quite a few for FSX, and with the 40% discount, you kind of think you might as well re-buy them to add to TE. Barton is a nice one of the new ones, so it would be cool having all the favourites up to that kind of quality.

1 hour ago, John Hargreaves said:

It seems that the default UK airports are pretty decent in XP, but I wonder if there are plans for porting the OrbX FSX English airports across to work in XP11? I had quite a few for FSX, and with the 40% discount, you kind of think you might as well re-buy them to add to TE. Barton is a nice one of the new ones, so it would be cool having all the favourites up to that kind of quality.

They are all being ported, as was mentioned in the announcement topic:

A few more things to mention:

• These screenshots are from the Beta2 build. We’ll be sharing many more shots from Beta3 in the coming days which has even more 3D POI models, texturing and further improvements
  • All of the Orbx FTX England and Wales airports are in the process of being ported to XP11 right now, and EGHI Southampton, EGFF Cardiff and EGKA Shoreham will be released very soon after TrueEarth GB South is out - we will demo those at Cosford. All the Orbx UK airports will be available for XP11 before the end of the year.
  • The P3Dv4 version of TrueEarth GB South is about 60% complete and we’re aiming for release by the end of the year.
  • After Great Britain, we begin development of TrueEarth regions in the USA from early 2019, beginning with Pacific Northwest!

12 minutes ago, Wonderbadger said:

My optimistic side is thinking it's Friday in Australia now... Release was proposed to be at some point from Fri and Sun... My buying finger is twitching uncontrollably ;o)

To bad that the Orbx HQ is now in England then :p

On 10/11/2018 at 10:10 AM, John Venema said:

I would definitely remove scenery files which add buildings and objects to the UK. I’d remove any UK-specific scenery and ortho. This will ensure there are no conflicts.

You can keep any third party payware airports installed, no problem. Just keep in mind that if they include any ortho or ground imagery around the airport it likely won’t be colour matched to TE GB.

You can keep any ortho above 53 degrees until TrueEarth GB Central is released.

I begun doing this yesterday in preparation + I wanted to sort my scenery folder out. No way am I parting with my Manchester and Liverpool city buildings just yet though! 

John, presume we have airports in the UK that come with photo scenery/ground imagery, are we able to remove them so as everything blends in with TE? 

with thanks 

It is this coming weekend, sometime between 12-14th I expect. 

Looking forward to this but the wait will have been worth it, the only problem I see is that when I downloaded X Plane 11 from their site it took around six hours (25Gb) due to having a slow broadband so the only alternative for me would be to do as I did with X Plane...... download it overnight.

Regards

Nigel.

After trying an Ortho4xp London and a HD mesh v4 lake district with mixed feeling at the results I have only just got this on my radar and It feels like Christmas has come early.Coming in hot you say? My repeat custom for the whole UK is assured. It would be rude not to!

Question re Mac compatibility - the description says "To download and install this product you will need FTX Central v3. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above is required by FTX Central v3." but I've seen reference elsewhere to manual downloads for TrueEarth for Mac and Linux X-Plane users.

Edit - Here's the comment from Ed Correia that says manual downloads still need installing via FTX Central (which is Windows only):

There is also a cross platform zip for non Windows users which can be extracted with FXTC Central.

Can you clarify if the zipped downloads will be available on launch and can be manually installed?  Anticipation is turned up to 11!

22 hours ago, davidrebolton said:

I begun doing this yesterday in preparation + I wanted to sort my scenery folder out. No way am I parting with my Manchester and Liverpool city buildings just yet though! 

John, presume we have airports in the UK that come with photo scenery/ground imagery, are we able to remove them so as everything blends in with TE? 

with thanks 

Hi David, you could possible have the best of both worlds if you use Xplane Overlay editor.

Make a backup of the scenery you wish to edit, say Manchester first then load it in overlay editor and remove/delete any duplicated/unwanted landmarks and exclusion zones.

Then by editing your scenery.ini  you can ensure you get all the OrbX goodness but with the added custom scenery you want.

First of all though you would want to run OrbX without any custom scenery for the same coverage so you know how the scenery should look and what objects are duplicated etc.

Also you needn't worry yet as the first release does not cover Liverpool or Manchester unfortunately but if you have any London scenery the Overlay editor is a great tool to mix and match different scenery - just ensure you make backups first so you don't goof up.

Hi, downloaded this yesterday and FTX installed the scenery but put it in the wrong order. Did anyone else have this? I took off from London City Airport and didn’t see any scenery, like the O2 and Canary Wharf so re arranged it and have the scenery now. Just wondering if it is now in the proper order and not blocking anything else. I put the Ortho down towards the bottom (C) this was installed in the top half of my ini.file, the overlay one (B) I placed by other overlays down towards the bottom but above the ortho and True Earth custom at the top. Can anyone tell me if this would be correct,  i.e. not interfering with Global airports or anything else.

Many Thanks.

Archived