TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11 is coming in hot!

5 minutes ago, ianroussel said:

Will this be available for FSX SE?

if so when?

After the release of TrueEarth Netherlands it was decided to not release TrueEarth scenery for 32 bit sims because of memory requirements. So no, it won't be released for any available FSX version. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I live in Staffordshire and while in RL that is classed as Central England, looking at the map above that shows the 3 different regions, from what I can tell it looks like it’s just under the split and maybe will be in The South Module. 

Could you possibly confirm where the regions are split with regards to towns and cities in the UK. It’s not a major issue granted as I’ve already decided to purchase all off the true earth products on both Xplane and P3D. In fact I’m reinstalling XP11 as we speak to be ready. 

23 minutes ago, kerbaugh said:

What are developers hiding? Is it the norm around here for developers to ignore direct questions? That's a truly disturbing policy. Honesty should be preferable.

Not hiding anything, most likely lost in all the comments.

FTX Central will manage the installation as it has done with other sceneries and will position the layers so as to no interfere with other addons. There is also a cross platform zip for non Windows users which can be extracted with FXTC Central.

32 minutes ago, kerbaugh said:

What are developers hiding? Is it the norm around here for developers to ignore direct questions? That's a truly disturbing policy. Honesty should be preferable.

I think you’ll find Orbx to be the most accessible group of management and developers in the flight sim industry. There is no ‘policy’ to avoid questions from customers. We are not hiding from anyone, but actually working hard to get this product into your hands this coming weekend. Conversely, we don’t sit here on the forums all day to instantly answer questions as they arise.

We take offence at your implication of us being dishonest in any way.

You will also find that by reading all topics to do with TrueEarth Great Britain on the preview forums, that your questions have likely already been answered. We certainly aren’t in the habit of repeating ourselves over and over to people who don’t bother to read.

Finally, as Ed has said, sometimes questions get buried in the hundreds of posts, so sometimes it is better to create a new specific topic in the support forums if you have questions about an upcoming release.

For the record, creating a new forum account and then within a few posts accusing developers of dishonesty is not going to do your cause any good. I’m not sure how you’ve gone about getting questions answered in other forums but around here we expect courtesy and manners, not table thumping.

Hi guys, Been looking around for an answer to my question above, and found a post mentioning the cutoff is at 53 Degrees North, which i believe cuts through Stoke on Trent.

If thats the case, am i right to assume that Cannock although rather close to stoke will be included in the first South Edition, as its technically below that 53 Degree North, by a few miles anyway. ;)

Must admit to being blown away at the screensshots and video shown already. stunning work

3 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Cannock is well below Stoke on Trent (the 53 line) so it is included in the GB South region.

You can easily determine the boundaries using a Google search on "UK lat long".

For your convenience I have attached a reference map:Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 12.51.18.png

John, You have just made an old git a very happy guy. 

Thankyou for the quick reply.

So now it is next weekend, coming in luke warm rather than hot. >:D

I wonder if this is because of close collaboration with Xplane and patch 11.3 or are the parallel releases just coincidence?

Either way I'd rather wait and have a relatively polished product than something rushed - a lukewarm fillet beats a hot halibut any day of the week. :lol:

I was very pleased to read there will not only be continued support for TE but also added content - can't wait to have it on my SSD at last.

I can't tell you how excited I am for this release!

Since I started simming (especially in VR), I had always hoped for a high-quality representation of GB South (given that I live in North London) and couldn't have asked for more than what you have a created.

A huge thank you to the whole ORBX team for creating this - I can't imagine how much time and sweat must have gone into creating a product of this calibre.

Given that I now solely fly in VR using both XP11 and AFS2 - my guess is that even with my i7 and 1080ti, that XP11 may be tricky on FPS but assume that AFS2 may be slightly better on frames.

Can I ask how soon after releasing for XP11 that you'll release the equivalent for AFS2? I will be buying for both platforms regardless!

Thanks again Guys,

Dean Leslie

13 minutes ago, david broome said:

So now it is next weekend, coming in luke warm rather than hot. >:D

I wonder if this is because of close collaboration with Xplane and patch 11.3 or are the parallel releases just coincidence?

Either way I'd rather wait and have a relatively polished product than something rushed - a lukewarm fillet beats a hot halibut any day of the week. :lol:

I was very pleased to read there will not only be continued support for TE but also added content - can't wait to have it on my SSD at last.

It is this coming weekend, sometime between 12-14th I expect. 

13 minutes ago, Deanl90 said:

Can I ask how soon after releasing for XP11 that you'll release the equivalent for AFS2? I will be buying for both platforms regardless!

We can't answer that. Our focus is on the XP11/P3D versions between now and December. 

45 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We can't answer that. Our focus is on the XP11/P3D versions between now and December. 

Would you be able to let us Aerofly users know what the plan is for airports in the forthcoming AFS version? Will any be included or will it be a scenery only product?

I was going to create a couple of freeware ones for Aerofly but don't want to waste my time if you'll be releasing several UK airports with it.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, John Venema said:

No it won’t be available for FSX-SE. Channel Islands are being ported to FSX/P3D and we’ll show previews as they near release.

John, from a developer's point of view, what altitude to fly over this amazing scenery, would you suggest?  I normally fly VFR at between 2,800-3,500 ASL in most of your scenery.  This scenery is quite different from that seen in P3D.  Your suggestions?

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, John Venema said:

2800-3500 ASL is just about perfect for this scenery. It will look identical in P3D apart from the lighting, although there are numerous plugins for P3D to create a nice environment, such as PTA.

Thank you very much, John.   So looking forward to this release!!! :)

I run X-Plane 11 and TE GB South from an external 1.92TB SanDisk SSD using a USB-C connector. 

I see see no difference in performance or loading times versus my onboard SSD. There are zero stutters.

In fact, I run all my sims on that external drive. It makes it very easy to demo or move from PC to PC. For example, to demo TE GB at Cosford I just installed Steam, copied my X-Plane folder from the SanDisk SSD and it ran out of the box.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:48 PM, John Hargreaves said:

I wonder what the optimum flying altitude is to get this scenery looking its best?

My personal preference with TE Netherlands is 2000 ft AGL though sometimes 3000 ft AGL is nice too. This gives you crisp textures and you can see all the detail (without obvious low res textures or obvious carboard box houses). Flying higher than 3000 ft is a waste imho. ;)

TrueEarth is the step forward in technological innovation that many of us have dreamt of since the time when we first entered this hobby. It started with FS2002 for me in the sense that for the first time I began to see what might be possible in scenery rendering. FSX was the next leap, there were times when you could really believe that you were flying over a real landscape. But of course with time there comes a certain amount contempt, or at least a critical vision that begins to perceive a products faults. TrueEarth is a giant step it seems to me, it is a felicitous coming together of aesthetic beauty and technological skill, and I am looking forward to more and more releases which are like it though where the hell we are going to put them all is anyone’s guess. What would the whole earth come to ??? The future must depend upon hardware developments that allow for the storage of hundreds, if not thousands of Terabytes. In addition to that I would look toward future developments in VR. The sort of  VR that could render something like a TrueEarth in good resolution and smoothly would be the very apex of home simulation. Then it would truly become ‘as real as it gets’.

Neil

In most respects I was very impressed when I saw TE GB at Cosford - the colour balancing, coastlines and the way that the autogen sits in the scenery is much more natural than my current Ortho scenery.  The part I'm struggling with though is all the work thats gone into it but only at ZL15? Thats a big step backwards on detail for me as I currently cover the UK at ZL17.  Are there any plans to make a "pro" version (or whatever label you want to put on it) which uses a higher resolution source - or is this a limitation of the ortho licensing which limits it to ZL15?  The main use for this type of scenery I'm assuming is by GA pilots who fly low and slow, so if the underlying source is annoyingly blocky at low level it will spoil the wow factor.

I have been using FSX and P3D only for the last 30 years but like many I follow X-plane closely, especially with the announcement of TrueEarth UK for X-plane, it looks simply Amazing! My question is regarding FPS in general in X-plane. I have a so so machine. It can run True Earth Netherlands for P3Dv4 with +30 frames in farmland and smaller to medium cities but run in to problems in Amsterdam and especially above Rotterdam.

For those who use both, do you get similar performace with similar settings in P3d and X-plane?

Mike

flygsidan.wordpress.com (Follow my panel building Project)   

47 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm not sure where you read or heard this, but the orthos in TE GB are ZL17 and not ZL15

Hi Tony, thanks for letting me know, if that's the case then that's great, as for where I heard it, it was from John on the orbx stand at Cosford, in reply to a direct question of "what zoom level is the ortho?" 

Archived