TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11 is coming in hot!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, freddielaker2 said:

Being from the North West, I cant wait for Liverpool, Manchester and Blackpool and maybe a descent representation of Warton and Hawarden. I'll bide my time and save my pennies!

Same as you! Cannot wait to explore our area!! I will be buying South on day one though - work my way up ;)

Yes, these are truly amazing photos but practical matters seem to be ignored. How will this scenery interact with our existing UK scenery? You mention FTX Central but that is only available to Windows users, which is actually my preference, as there is no reason to require executables with simple scenery. Will there be a simple downloadable package that doesn't contain executables? Thank you.

--

Gary

Hi, was wondering what role Manchester plays in this series & what airports are included in these sceneries. Will Manchester still be needed, I would assume so. What about ECLL & EGLC etc !  You must know that you've already sold a ton of these & I can see why ! Absolutely fabulous work, better than I would have imagined could be done for X-Plane. Happily waiting the release, cheers ! 

5 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

1. Nope - we acquired the Earth Simulations stuff so that will be worked on separately

2. No - this will be released for 64 bit platforms only 

Glad to hear you bought up the Earth Simulations assets as they put a lot of work into them.

I was at the show today. I use P3d so will have to wait a little longer for my True Earth GB versions. I'm sure a lot of people use UK2000 Airports in P3d along with Orbx UK scenery at the moment. May I be permitted to ask if any developers have tried UK2000 Airports scenery with the up and coming P3d version of True Earth GB South. I know UK 2000 scenery also comes in X-Plane formats as well. It looked as if one screen shot of LHR included the UK2000 version.

14 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:

After Great Britain, we begin development of TrueEarth regions in the USA from early 2019, beginning with Pacific Northwest!

Hurray! Looking forward to that!

Many happy landings,

DocBird

Was great to try this out at the show in Cosford today, the main reason I went to be honest lol. A true masterpiece and an honour to meet the ORBX team. I’m also eagerly waiting for the Central regions release in November especially the Liverpool area but will be purchasing this southern region day one without a doubt. This is going to be sooooo good in X Plane VR can’t wait! 

I am so looking forward to this being released. I have a complete install of XP11 (Europe only, thus saving SSD space)) dedicated for the TE GB releases. Nothing else will be on it except TE GB so there are no other distractions to impede performance. No need to worry about other UK addons interfering or whether they are compatible etc. Only one entry in Custom Scenery (scenery ini).......TE GB. I will then look closely at the included airports and see if they are "upgraded" defaults and if they are XLife/WT3 compatible before maybe adding some non Orbx airport addons to further enhance the experience.

I will still have my worldwide version of XP11 with hundreds of addons for the rest of my flying fun.

Roll on November:)

16 hours ago, davidrebolton said:

Aching to know about central release. You lovely people at ORBX, are you able to confirm before year end? 

Thanks

I know I'd love to be able to get my hands on central..

12 hours ago, UKPilot said:

I’m also eagerly waiting for the Central regions release in November especially the Liverpool area

You're going to like the central region then, especially Liverpool ;)

10 hours ago, Martin Poole said:

would also Like to know as well if compatible with UK2000

They should work fine as long as they are installed above in priority. Obviously there are likely to be ortho colour differences, but the airports will work fine if they have correct exclusions set.

I'm speechless, blown away for what i see via the large superreal screenshots....is there a further step possible to the reality? Unbelievable achievement by Jarrad and the development-team. Very well done and another step forward in the joy of virtual VFR-flights...

Will this be available for FSX SE?

if so when?

you said the ES scenery for the Channel Islands as been aquiered. 

When are you planning to release it as my copy Is unusable and I can’t download it anymore?

will it be available for FSX SE?

Archived