orbx airports and GSX level 2

flyboy333

I've done some searching around and still have not been able to determine if you can change static jetways like in KBZN, for SODE jetways from GSX 2. Sorry if this has been addressed already but I could'nt find an answer. It will determine if I get this program, Thanks.

Hi,

With Bozeman specifically it would not be possible, because the static jetways are a part of the terminal model, and therefore can't be excluded separately.  It is the same setup with PAJN.  If an airport has a separate model for the jetway, being either static or using the default Control+J animation, then it can be excluded and a SODE jetway put in it's place.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Still the same issue as above unless the airport is redesigned and redeveloped really.  The issue, as stated above, is that with some older airports, the static jetways are built in to the terminal model, so the terminal would basically have to be redone from scratch.  This will most likely only happen if a developer decides to go back and redo or upgrade the entire scenery.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi,

Still the same issue as above unless the airport is redesigned and redeveloped really.  The issue, as stated above, is that with some older airports, the static jetways are built in to the terminal model, so the terminal would basically have to be redone from scratch.  This will most likely only happen if a developer decides to go back and redo or upgrade the entire scenery.

Is that something you're actively looking into? Maybe along with an overall upgrade/update of the existing scenery (which could be a paid-for enhancement, of course)? Simply judging from the airport diagram, there seem to have occured a few changes at the Bozeman airport. Aside from the jetways, other places have undergone changes as well (runway extension at Sonoma/KSTS, for example).