Met Any Celebrities?

I should have mentioned that when he was much younger every Sunday morning I played golf with Justin Rose.  He was a member of out regular fourball.  Smashing young chap.

Are you joking Doug?   I went round to the pro's shop the other day and borrowed a driver just to swing it outside.  I swung it once and the bloody thing nearly pulled me over!  Luckily the young assistant Pro' was watching, burst out laughing and helped me back into the shop and sat me down.  He got a glass of water for me. 

As I got my breath back and recovered I thanked him he said;  'You need more practice!'

My golfing days lasted 54 years John. Unfortunately a medical issue eight years forced me to give up the game. I still have one set of clubs sitting idle in the garage. A couple of years ago I decided to take a 5 iron to the practice tee and see what would happen. My trusty 5 iron was my sure-thing, 185 yard club. What a disaster. I couldn't even get he ball off the ground. So........I switched to a 7 iron.......same result. Then a wedge.......in the air for all of 60 yards. So I've given up now. I played to single-digits for years but that's all history. My advice to the old coots who have never played golf and are thinking about taking up the game?........DON'T............Doug

It was my replacement hip that finally stopped me playing.  It was just too painful and it got embarrassing when the Pro's had to come out in a buggy to fetch me in cos' the pain was too great and anyway,  I had lost all my puff anyway by the time I got to the 16th!

Just come back from having an echocardiogram on my heart.  It's quite strange hearing your own heart beat and a bit worrying when the sound stops.  Momentarily you wonder if your bloody heart has stopped!

Archived