It is too crowded in Munich!

Stillwater

... now that the Oktoberfest has begun. Therefore I joined the line of Kings in EDDM...

nRDe1ck.jpg

... took off the 26R in easterly direction, ...

iZmQQUQ.jpg

... to follow the Inn. Here he meets Salzach river...

KJ7zTNM.jpg

... and here we see some nice bridges near Schärding. As my plane is not yellow, I stay above them.

mjvGNsa.jpg

Passau, where the Inn meets the Donau / Danube. You can see some flying houses downstream of the city, reamining after FTXC library check and Vector AEC. So be it.

75WO3Df.jpg

No problem from this angle.

aXIPXWj.jpg

Deggendorf, with its often-mentioned Autobahn crossing (lots of traffic jams around).

XhnVg5K.jpg

Straubing at the Donau, the industrial area to the right, the city with nice beer gardens to the left. I had a fantastic Zwiebelrostbraten there recently!

2kIlgTC.jpg

Wagner´s Walhalla below...

yikG0Kx.jpg

... and Regensburg with its cathedral ahead.

KDADlvz.jpg

Here we are closing in to Nürnberg...

7j1ag38.jpg

... with its beautiful city and the airport in the background. 

fvZfzgT.jpg

Smooth...

OLdOBpS.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, BradB said:

You are quite the tour guide of Germany Gerold , have you been to all 16 Lander (states) ? . I have racked up 46 of 50 here in the USA myself . Anyway another fantastic post my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John. Summarizing I would suppose I have visited 14 of our states (excluding Thuringia and the Saarland so far). But your quote is much more exciting, giving the size of your country!

On 9/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, Captain Lars said:

O'zapft is! A super tour down below the Weißwurstäquator! Excellent as always, and I envy you the Zwiebelrostbraten almost as much as I envied you the coffee with Austrian. :D:P

Jo mei, life is too short for bad food. Whilst I, as a north German, would include Weißwurst into that category and leave it for the tourists :D.

22 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful tour around Germany Gerold with the route explained very well indeed.

The Zwiebelrostbraten sounds very tasty as well.:)

You´re welcome on this tour Martyn. The Braten was not only tasty, but also very soft - just fitting well to the Weissbier. And the second one, too.

21 hours ago, paulb said:

Very informative Gerold! I keep learning more about the geography of Germany thanks to your posts! :)

Thank you Martyn. I´ll also try to get you some culinaric guidance...

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and shots Gerold!!!!1  And thankyou for your narrative!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your compliment, John!

17 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Herr Gerold--I think the consensus is that your plane shots are wonderful but that we also would like some shots of the Zwiebelrostbraten, aroma included if possible. ^_^

So sorry, unfortunately I was blown away by its taste - even I forgot to take some of my usual travel documentation pictures!

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another wonderful tour Gerold, and despite not being yellow, that bridge is mighty tempting! :D

... and you would probably take two bridges in a row, as far as I have seen your aerobatics ;D.

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic tour of Germany Gerold and the shots aren't to shabby either! :)

Thank you Adam. How can one fail if he uses sceneries like this?

20 hours ago, Sundancer said:

And October hasn't even started....realize that!

There is more to come from Gerold, I'm sure.

Danke sehr für die Ausbildung, ins besonder für die Kulinarische Speisen.

I am convinced you know that these Bavarians hold most of their Oktoberfest in September. I won´t comment on that...

I´m happy to hear that you could get some education from the forum, and that you´ll not order Weisswurst if you have the choice!

15 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots and tour Gerold - love that plane, still coming to terms with all the systems in mine.

Don

Thanhs Don, I have to admit this is the Carenado version. STRG+E and all is set... ;)

15 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

Das ist  alles Wonderbar und schön. Thank you for this guided  tour  of Bavaria  across the Donau . Well Done 

You´re welcome mate. I am glad you enjoed it!

14 hours ago, Wakashi said:

I'm with Rodger on that!  Thanks for the Germany tour Sir!  :D

You won´t believe how good it was. Worth a detour, at least in RL...!

43 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I am convinced you know that these Bavarians hold most of their Oktoberfest in September. I won´t comment on that...

I´m happy to hear that you could get some education from the forum, and that you´ll not order Weisswurst if you have the choice!

It is too long ago, Gerold, to remember how the Bavarians deal with their Oktoberfest.

Can't remember if I have told that I worked 20 years for a German company, at least the Dutch daughter company of it and visited Munich and Augsburg as well, but never in the Oktoberfest season, otherwise I would have stayed one day longer. But really...., it is just too long ago.

Archived