How to get to Innsbruck without paying toll

Stillwater

Taking off from Munich across the Arena...

6fS4bE1.jpg

... and over Oberschleißheim.

2QR5FDm.jpg

The Olympic parc of 1972 to the left, Moosach to the right. 

gy8rBaJ.jpg

Some views in western direction...

U01iR7F.jpg

VaaKDpQ.jpg

... and to the city center in the south. You can see the Theresienwiese in the simmed shot in the right background. It is currently being prepared for the upcoming Oktoberfest.

The different views are mainly because of the altitude, the Olympic tower pictures were taken from just 600 ft AGL.

51UTvuz.jpg

g088QQ3.jpg

Turning south over Schwabing with the Siegestor, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, the Englischer Garten (where I miss the iconic Monopteros temple), and the city center in the background.

xuHRvqA.jpg

Looking back to Munich. 

CyBSsFh.jpg

Following the motorway to the Starnberger See...

ZVdTLK0.jpg

... and winding up the roads between Kochel- and Walchensee.

JSNdxLL.jpg

Entering the pass at Mittenwald...

LbLBeUM.jpg

... across Schartnitz, which is already on the Austrian side. The old times when the fuel was cheaper in felix Austria are gone now.

xH5frs7.jpg

Minutes later we enter the Inn valley...

SEtwis1.jpg

... while steeply descending the road at the Zirler Berg.

U4qo1Cp.jpg

Look what´s around the corner...

aoA3NeF.jpg

... from street level you can´t see that much.

sf0BfCj.jpg

Getting down to park at the gliders area...

te8m04h.jpg

qFZujYK.jpg

Uups. The 337 has disappeared!

K3qTHYj.jpg

Now I hope to meet the pilot of that yellow plane who has been seen here recently.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Very nice Gerold! A great mix of sim and real life shots :)

Nowadays I am finding it harder and harder to work out which is which :huh::D

Thank you very much for your compliments Paul. I did not spend too much time to make the shots match better, but I really like the recognizeability that we have achieved!

1 hour ago, jankees said:

I very much like your touristic tours

Thank you Jankees. IRL this was just the ouverture to a vacation at the Lago di Garda...

42 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent flight Gerold, I really enjoyed this.

A smattering of RL photos topped it off.

I hope you enjoy your drink with our great friend Mr Yellow!

Thanks for your kinr word, Martyn. I have a great time with Mr. Yellow in the virtual bars of Innsbruck :blink::D.

10 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Great collection of entertaining shots over Muenchen and further over the German-Austrian border to Innsbruck. Fine switch with real photos in between, a touristic guide in total.

Thank you ik. You can use this description as a road map, you won´t get lost! Just do NOT follow the official road signs, they lead you to the toll roads.

Gosh Stillwater these are gorgeous!!

What I don't like is that they make me feel I don't have these products :'(

Number 9 got me totally intrigued. Need to see that in my sim as I love cities.. how have I missed that?

12 !and all the rest!! :o

Tonight the flight is in Austria and Germany :D

Thank you for sharing them

18 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful shots and a nice mix with the real world. Amazingly close. Well done as always Gerold. Cheers k:)

Thank you Karl. Preparing, making and looking at this post was & is my pleasure!

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

…...of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world he walks into mine!:o

Hehehe. It´s a small world for us, Martyn...

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was beautiful Gerold.  I remember those Olympics.  And Orbx did an amazing job here, I need to go back and start fling there, a lot!  Would love to go there for a nice beer, and food!

At least you can enjoy all this virtually. And you even don´t get drunk or jetlagged!

16 hours ago, Wakashi said:

You Sir, have become the official mixologist of the forum! :lol:  You seem to be able to whip up a concoction of pics from almost anyplace and then have us have to guess which one is real or sim, most excellent post once again! :D

"Mixology" is a nice word for what I like here. I´ll keep doing that, I promise!

aa8yFIZ.jpg

14 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Gosh Stillwater these are gorgeous!!

What I don't like is that they make me feel I don't have these products :'(

Number 9 got me totally intrigued. Need to see that in my sim as I love cities.. how have I missed that?

12 !and all the rest!! :o

Tonight the flight is in Austria and Germany :D

Thank you for sharing them

Thank you so much for the compliments Carlos. Maybe you describe why orbx hosts this forum with pleasure: Showing what you need to explore next to make maximum use of what you purchased!

14 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots, Gerold, the landscape there is superb. I'm currently reading Reinhold Messner's report of his 14 8,000m mountains. I'm too couchy to get on a mountain, but I love them.

You may follor Meesners tracks in the sim, what you think Lars?

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Simply beautiful Gerold, what else can you say! :)

Thanks Adam.

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, it's hard to believe how real your shots are. The scenery, the plane textures, the skies--all look like they are from a photo calendar. You must have some serious money into scenery, planes, and computer. In any case, well done again. Thanks!

Do not tell me how much money went into this hobby, Rodger... but you can read the specs of my machine in the spoiler.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, Stillwater said:

You may follor Meesners tracks in the sim, what you think Lars?

:D I decided that my next rotation is going to be with PIA. I have sceneries for each airport along the way, and one or two of the flight plans will lead me in a very short distance abeam the Nanga Parbat, and K2 and the Gasherbrum group in the Karakorum shouldn't be to far away! All I hope is that the weather is going to be fine.

Baltoro Glacier and the Gasherbrums

Baltoro_glacier_from_air.jpg

Source: Guilhem Vellut CC BY-SA 2.0,

The Nanga Parbat / Diamir (and a JF-17)

Pakistan_Air_Force_JF-17_Thunder_flies_i

Source: Hamid Faraz

45 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I decided that my next rotation is going to be with PIA. I have sceneries for each airport along the way, and one or two of the flight plans will lead me in a very short distance abeam the Nanga Parbat, and K2 and the Gasherbrum group in the Karakorum shouldn't be to far away! All I hope is that the weather is going to be fine.

That sounds good, Reinhold. Though I am not sure if

- PIA uses your usual bird? (Edit: Oh, wikipedia tells me they have 12 in use!)

- there are many airports around suitable for 777s?

11 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

That sounds good, Reinhold. Though I am not sure if

- PIA uses your usual bird? (Edit: Oh, wikipedia tells me they have 12 in use!)

- there are many airports around suitable for 777s?

In the area I think yes, there's Skardu sure, and then the route is continuing through Tibet where we have the usual suspects (don't know which at the moment, Urumqui must be one of them). I do think that PIA's service to Tokyo is going south of the Himalayas, but I'll be going north at least once (twice if the weather is bad).

Cheers

"Reinhold" :D

Archived