ILS Problem/Bug 18C Schiphol

The Good (the scenery) ... 

Before anything else, I just want to say hats off to the team at IPACS and Orbx, for recognising the potential we all know AFS2 has.  I can’t wait for TE GB and any other TE sceneries further on down the roadmap.

the Bad (missing ILS and my landing) ...

Unfortunately the immersion was lost for me when at the end of a 6 hour flight from JFK to EHAM, whilst attempting an automated ILS approach to runway 18C in the 747 ... the glide slope was not displayed / was missing, this resulted in the aircraft sailing past the correct guide path and diving to recover and get the plane down on the tarmac.   

Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to “fix” the issue?  

Thanks in advance 

Thanks Sylvain ... they did have another enquiry on their forums to which they responded as follows:

”Roughly 80% of these reported glide slopes that didnt work turned out to not exist in the real world.  If you fly LOC+DME it can be quite precise, too ... and in the flat terrain a glide slope might not be needed, who knows why they install localizers without glide slopes.”

I am baffled as to how to execute a full autoland without the “glide slope” and realising that this isn’t an Orbx or IPACS issue, please can you move this post to somewhere more suitable, where someone may be able to assist me?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Does it also have a real life glideslope?

Hi Nick,

Yes, as far as I can see it does.  With my average knowledge on the subject, I think that if a runway has an ILS then it has a glideslope.  If it has a localizer then it does not have a glideslope and only offers lateral guidance.  The charts for EHAM runway 18C include an ILS approach.

Cheers,

• 1 year later...

Archived