No runway in Munich / Germany South

Stillwater

Here you can see how EDDM Munich (default) looks in my p3dv4 (currently v4.3). All Orbx stuff for this place is active (GES, Vector, OpenLC), AEC has been executed minutes before the flight.

en1Dn9y.jpg

Do you have tips what I could try to get some runways at that place?

Thanks for chiming in so quickly, Scott.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Do you have any 3rd party mesh installed?

Yes, I have FSGlobalMesh2010 running.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Have you installed any 3rd party scenery for Munich at any stage?

Yes I had: Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich was installed, but did (and does) not work properly: There is no apron, no taxiways and no runways with this scenery. I had it unsinstalled, but you never know what remains.

18 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Do you have a 3rd party AI traffic program active?

Yes, I have UTlive running.

Hope this gives some ideas?

Thanks Gerold,

FSG 2010 should be fine, and I don't think UT live alters or adds any scenery files.

It's possible Aerosoft's Munich has left an altitude file somewhere.

Check that the Munich folder has been deleted from the install location.  The install location should have been within the Aerosoft folder in the root P3DV4 folder.  Do a search for EDDM.

Also check Scenery/World/Scenery for any left over files.  I think I recall an Aerosoft altitude file being named wrong, and it may have been the EDDM file.  From memory it had another ICAO code in the name, but I can't recall what it was right now.

Actually, do a search in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder for "AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL"

Cheers,

Hi there,

FYI, the undulating terrain that buries parts of the runways etc. indicates that the main EDDM flatten provided by GES is either missing or getting excluded. I'd check that the three files with "EDDM" in their names are indeed present and active (= .bgl extension) in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Cheers, Holger  

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

FYI, the undulating terrain that buries parts of the runways etc. indicates that the main EDDM flatten provided by GES is either missing or getting excluded. I'd check that the three files with "EDDM" in their names are indeed present and active (= .bgl extension) in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Step 2: I checked as you suggested, and all was already fine. So this was not causing my troubles.

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

It's possible Aerosoft's Munich has left an altitude file somewhere.

Check that the Munich folder has been deleted from the install location.  The install location should have been within the Aerosoft folder in the root P3DV4 folder.  Do a search for EDDM.

Also check Scenery/World/Scenery for any left over files.  I think I recall an Aerosoft altitude file being named wrong, and it may have been the EDDM file.  From memory it had another ICAO code in the name, but I can't recall what it was right now. 

Actually, do a search in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder for "AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL"

Step 1: I followed your instruction and memories. First I deted the (inactive) Munich folder from the p3d/Aerosoft one.

Then I was lucky: I had not installed Aerosofts non-p3dv4-scenery with their installer directly into p3d, but into a dummy folder on another SSD before copying them into my flightsim. That resulted in a complete copy with all installed files on the other SSD. So I can definetively confirm: The name of the altitude file hidden in Scenery/World/Scenery folder is / was AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL.

And this was a success! Run- and taxiways are back. So the root cause was indeed the remainders of the inactive (and, by the way, not working) Aerosoft scenery. THANK YOU BOTH!

55 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

I don't have Aerosoft's EDDM myself but according to Sascha and several users it should be compatible: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/142034-ges-compatibility-with-mega-airport-munich/

Well, I tried it without success. And the Aerosoft forum itself says it would not be working in p3dv4. I´ll give it another try with the deactivation of the files Sascha mentioned and report here.

PS: I followed Saschas hints but it still did not work. Apron, taxi- and runways as well as most buildings are missing. I´ll go back to the pure Orbx GES version now.

Archived