Switzerland. Get natural.

Stillwater

In contrast to the swiss tourism slogan ( https://www.myswitzerland.com/en/switzerland-get-natural.html ) I will travel over some POIs that are definitively not natural. Basel, ...

2UDjT5b.jpg

... this city is the key railway point when you travel between Germany and Switzerland, it is also the hometown of a number of chemical and pharmaceutical companies, e. g. Novartis, Roche, and Schweizerhalle, BASF, Ciba nearby.

5PWNjLr.jpg

Just a short hop to the east you find Liestal. Oristalstrasse, probably well-known to @bernd1151 ? Another facility of Knoll, later DrugOn was located here - and it looks nearly real in openLC.

nfXYdOA.jpg

jt8jqua.jpg

Always nice to find this real weather when you are about to cross some mountains.

bonzng0.jpg

So I had to cheat in order to discover Olten (another key point of rail travel)...

ovpShID.jpg

Here we are at Zofingen. Not too detailed in the sim, it should show another fascinating inner city circle (and a chemical park to the west of the railway): 

X1MAurd.jpg

tt2tJaP.jpg

Triengen should be in the background here...

kiMuQiX.jpg

... but we head on to the Zürichsee and turn over Wädenswil. We had a company office there with a beautiful view.

4eU1ER3.jpg

Closing into Zurich, with the city to the left (where the Limmat river meets the lake), and the airport to the right.

kuN055D.jpg

The sceneries blend really well here. This is the "official" borderline of GES to OpenLC, and the airport is also 3rd party.

SEjXA0m.jpg

KL4s4U3.jpg

A little flare with the taildragger...

VcPR4vf.jpg

... and some bigger traffic ahead. The audience is ready to celebrate my successful landing.

UR70KE7.jpg

Love it, Switzerland and Austria, as well as Aus and Alaska are some of my favourite parts of the world to fly in.

I really like the story and especially like the comparison shots with the real world.

Thanks Gerold,

Cheers,

Nathan

ps: Massive Tintin fan since ‘74 :D

Basel is actually one of those airports that we really need for ORBX to create for us.  Physically located actually just over the border in France, right on the Rhine, where Germany meets Switzerland -- perfect.

Gerold, these shots are taken in P3D yes?

On 9/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, ftwd said:

Love it, Switzerland and Austria, as well as Aus and Alaska are some of my favourite parts of the world to fly in.

I really like the story and especially like the comparison shots with the real world.

Thanks Gerold,

Cheers,

Nathan

ps: Massive Tintin fan since ‘74 :D

Thank you Nathan. I caught myself imaging that orbx would do the entire Alps as a region... that would surely be fantastic.

PS: I have all Tintin books from my childhood. Some are quite worn...

On 9/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for theis wonderful flight Gerold with the usual interesting information.

Great scenery and RL comparisons.

I have been lucky in my flights of late in not having to "cheat" with the weather.

Thanks Martyn. I could even add some ground level photos of all of these places (except Triengen), but I was too lazy to search...

On 9/2/2018 at 2:25 PM, BradB said:

Top notch shots along with some great local knowledge Gerold , I enjoyed the trip . :):)

Cheers

John

You were welcome, John.

On 9/2/2018 at 2:40 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Those are some sweet shots Gerold and always great narrative.  I really like the Triengen shot!

Thanks Jack. I did not buy Triengen (yet), as I desire the full fat Switzerland to come...!

On 9/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, Ripcord said:

Basel is actually one of those airports that we really need for ORBX to create for us.  Physically located actually just over the border in France, right on the Rhine, where Germany meets Switzerland -- perfect.

Gerold, these shots are taken in P3D yes?

Yes it is p3d, Mark. And yes, Basel is a good location in the "3-country-corner", in RL mostly frequented by low-cost carriers nowadays...

On 9/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, Wakashi said:

Thanks Gerold, your narration will add so much to my next flight in that area, well done once more Sir! :D

Good to hear that I could give some inspiration, Roger. Isn´t that the purpose of this forum?

On 9/2/2018 at 7:36 PM, bernd1151 said:

Oh yes, Gerold, thank you very much for showing this. Brings back some fond memories :):)

Some fine people working there, with Fritz and Peter coming up to me first.

16 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Gerold and thanks for the narration, it is nice to know what we are looking at.

Thank you, John.

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

The audience is celebrating your informative tour, Gerold!

Thanks to all of you - and to you, Lars. From Basel to Zurich would be a nice hop for your 777, wouldn´t it?

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Really great shots, and I now I feel the need to pull the Maule out of the hangar.

Yeah, when thinking of the right plane for this flight the Maule was my first choice. With the obvious livery!

On 9/4/2018 at 4:50 AM, adambar said:

Fantastic shots of your tour Gerold, thanks for that! :)

You´re welcome, Adam.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:56 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Marvelous back beat set of shots!

Thanks Bermuda!

On 9/4/2018 at 12:25 AM, Captain Lars said:

It sure would - 100% action and no cruise dullness.

I´d make the flightplan for you, start with ... LFSB SID BASUD DCT WIL STAR LSZH ...B)

Archived