Visitin´ VIPs (at least for me they are)

Stillwater

Taking off from Speyer on SID CATH1 and transition SALIBRDG, ...

shNQ1mG.jpg

... but turning southwards over NPP Philipsburg directly after.

rLUmiz3.jpg

VIP place #1 in the left bottom corner: An ex-colleague and good old friend of mine lives in Westheim.

7FAvfMp.jpg

You can see how father Rhine was forced into a straight line for easier shipping (and flooding) here.

8pw0cqo.jpg

The industry zones north of Karlsruhe. 

6386gVQ.jpg

viE6QZf.jpg

And this is Karlsruhe city, with its famous layout and orientation towards the palace.

lNQPH11.jpg

Baden-Baden with another castle placed here.

3omkcD5.jpg

Lovely German weather, especially when flying VFR into mountains...

OV9uh78.jpg

But first we give Strasbourg a visit. Easy to find the city center, where we also should have a very famous cathedral.

i2KM2sW.jpg

And now over Freiburg, ...

18Ls2qF.jpg

... the Feldberg, ...

JAJv1Gr.jpg

... and the Titisee...

xuQwb6m.jpg

... towards Lenzkirch. German-speaking flightsimmers might call this a VIP place as well, as @Bert Groner, his boss "Tiger" and his magazine redaction live here. Thank you for all the information you test & publish!

g09dj8r.jpg

Descending across the Schluchsee...

0YCA75J.jpg

... into Basel, where (VIP place #3...) another colleague & good friend of mine lives. Now let´s go for a cheese fondue and some white wine to digest!

Yv8xMpe.jpg

Guten Tag Gerold!

Thanks for mentioning the only german speaking special journal for flightsimulation, the FS MAGAZIN.

Follow the B315 east of the Titisee with it's "Seesteige" (the B500 and B317 climbing togehter towards the Feldberg) and you will be soon at our "Haus Rehblick" in Saig.

Best regards!

Bert

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a wonderful tour this was Gerold, I always love the way you do this, beautiful scenery and named areas, it's like I'm there, thanks again!

It was a pleasure to take you on this trip, Jack!

9 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great tour Gerold and super screenshots.  Thanks for the commentary, it is nice to know what we are seeing in your screenshots.

You´re welcome, John.

7 hours ago, Bert Groner said:

Guten Tag Gerold!

Thanks for mentioning the only german speaking special journal for flightsimulation, the FS MAGAZIN.

Follow the B315 east of the Titisee with it's "Seesteige" (the B500 and B317 climbing togehter towards the Feldberg) and you will be soon at our "Haus Rehblick" in Saig.

Best regards!

Bert

Thank you Bert. Unfortunately I had nor "real life shot" of Tiger as a comparison here >:D!

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful tour with the usual interesting info.

Excellent scenery and some beautiful weather.:)

Thanks Martyn. This was another flight where I could stand the real weather. If I stay in Germany this will probably change soon... :'(

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Your usual beautiful, informative shots and a very nice "flight school" plane.

Thank you OnD. I simply ported the Lancair from FSX, before they had released the ner p3dv4 installer.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

As a VIP , I thought I would drop in and say : Great Post Gerold !! .

Cheers

John

Ah, you are talking about Orbx VIPs, John. I just thought of real life meanings :D!

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

I’m not a VIP (yet) but will post here anyway!  Yet another exceptional post Gerold, you are a walking encyclopedia about all things Germany! :D

No worries Roger, it does not change much with you once you enter the 5-digit circle here. The main thing is we can share infos that make flying more interesting!

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Exceptional set of images Gerold! :) Thanks for the tour. :)

You´re welcome, Adam!

7 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Swinging set of shots from this late summer flight!!

Thank you Bermuda!

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold, there are a number of Screenshot Forum members whose sets help the rest of us see how good it can get. You are one of them. Thanks!

Wow, THAT is a compliment. You make my day. And you challenge me to continue...

18 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thanks Gerold for all the information I learn about my country thanks to you! Another well crafted episode. Keep it up.

Thanks Lars. I´ll try my very best.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

Archived