Op Jöck nor Kölle

Stillwater

I will start my exploration of GermanySouth in Cologne - "Kölle" as the locals say. Getting ready at my home airport...

snj2TfQ.jpg

... and off to the east.

LHoUUn6.jpg

The small squared lake below the belly may be quite famous, since a well-known man was staying there for some days in 2016.

NJ1mW2r.jpg

khbU8F9.jpg

But we go on and turn to the right over the Altwarmbüchener See.

QDcQeLg.jpg

Travelling in style.

1obnFHk.jpg

The Sauerland around Winterberg. Whenever I was there it was winter. And the mountains covered with snow.

yUvw39o.jpg

ATC had instructed us to use runway 24. An unusual choice, especially on a cloudy day like this: We came in very high, and had to circle before we could land slow enough for this short strip.

5B3YlSu.jpg

UBPRpoc.jpg

And now for one local beer. Those who have been in Cologne know what this "one" means...

This is a very, very good post. Good that you inserted the photo of Denzel Washington or else I'd have never guessed who stayed at the "squared lake". :wacko::P:D;)

When I took off in Cologne (in RL) this spring the aircraft taxied until it had passed almost half of the runway, to A3 I think, waiting for a small jet to land at 06. Then it finally entered 14L and took off. I felt aliviated that we made it to the sky finally. But 14L is long, there must have been approx. 2km left.

46 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful post as usual Gerold.

A very luxurious and speedy way to travel, not enough time for the consumption of beverages before your arrival.:o

A+ Gerold. Sure there is just gotta sip a lot faster.:PLove those comfy seats.:D

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

This is a very, very good post. Good that you inserted the photo of Denzel Washington or else I'd have never guessed who stayed at the "squared lake". :wacko::P:D;)

When I took off in Cologne (in RL) this spring the aircraft taxied until it had passed almost half of the runway, to A3 I think, waiting for a small jet to land at 06. Then it finally entered 14L and took off. I felt aliviated that we made it to the sky finally. But 14L is long, there must have been approx. 2km left.

I was expecting one of the longer runways, but PRO-ATC made it more challenging...

Denzel Washington has made a lot of great media action, I like him.

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Unique selection of shots! Your titles are almost always a real eyecatcher!

Thanks Bermuda. I am not sure you can have google translate between german and cologne language.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Smashing set of shots Gerold , except for the fourth shot . :):):rolleyes::o>:(>:(>:(>:(

Cheers

John

Sorry John, but the 4th one was not fron prepare3d.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful post as usual Gerold.

A very luxurious and speedy way to travel, not enough time for the consumption of beverages before your arrival.:o

It depends on your drinking speed, mate. I think you aussies would be fine with that. And you british, too.

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots and flight!!!!!!  But I thought the guy in the fourth shot was Morgan Freeman.

Thanks John. Morgan Freeman has also made great entertainment, did you see his 2017 movie "going in style"?

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

A+ Gerold. Sure there is just gotta sip a lot faster.:PLove those comfy seats.:D

The right comfort for us, Karl. I did not get the name of the cabin crew exactly...

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

All exceptional shots Gerold except....

My daughter was invited to his speech in Hanover. And I can say #4 is an exceptional speaker!

9 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Lovely shots.I thought Barack looked pretty dapper.

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

They are all great looking shots Gerold! :)

Except for the fourth one, egads! :angry:

Thank you Adam. If you did not recognize it: #4 is not, i repeat not PeopleFlow by orbx.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight Gerold in a posh airplane! :)

If we even would have the chance to travel that way...!

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Gerold :)

Thank you Mikee.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Nice plane, nice narration and great post, Gerold. I love your headline! Don't let anyone know here, but I'm with you on #4 ;);)

The headline was really difficult to make for me, as leo or google do not offer translation into Kölsch.

2 hours ago, Ray Farrugia said:

Nice shots Gerold!

Luv GES.

cheers

Thank you Ray. I start exploring it now...!

Archived