Coming home.

Stillwater

A typical plane and a typical last leg of some of my intercontinental flights: Boarding a turboprop in Copenhagen ...

VP32oxS.jpg

... and leaving on the 22R - in the right direction already.

3eSrID4.jpg

3Kk6bgR.jpg

Uuups, ice formation on engines and window...

xz18Abe.jpg

... under control when leaving Sjaelland.

v6mUOf2.jpg

And soon we are over Germany: Lübeck, ...

KCpD0Sn.jpg

... Hamburg hidden in the background, ...

3l6Ya0E.jpg

... Celle. With NDB CEL already being the entry point for our STAR ...

IbKyUu0.jpg

... into Hannover.

cw5UYOY.jpg

Many lakes to the south of the final, like the Hufeisensee:

DSOsM5t.jpg

B9yRFMw.jpg

As you can see we are heading for the 27R.

IdxIOKX.jpg

Good to be here again, I think I have virtually left this place half a year ago. Or even longer...

MVbgB03.jpg

Another wonderful flight Gerold with the usual interesting narration and smattering of RL images.

Gladly you landed safely without any noticeable problems.

My flights from Thailand usually ended with a one hours REX SAAB flight to Mildura from YMML but now a 2 hour drive in my car or the airport minibus service.

54 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Grand shots, I like the clouds in all of your pics!  You must travel extensivly to collect as many RW photos as you have posted along with your sim flights! :D

He is lucky Roger as SQ, TG and REX forbid photography in ascent or descent which results in dissent from me!:lol:

New York, Rio, Tokyo Copenhagen. Celle. Hannover. ;):P:D Seriously, a great journey with some great pics.

18 hours ago, Stillwater said:

... under control when leaving Sjaelland.

Very cool pic.

The RL shot from the Hufeisensee looks like Australia in summer. Is it from this year?

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Gerold, I enjoyed the flight and the shots were excellent!!!!!!!!!

Thank you John!

13 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Grand shots, I like the clouds in all of your pics!  You must travel extensivly to collect as many RW photos as you have posted along with your sim flights! :D

Thank you Roger. AS weather with REX textures helps a lot, though they keep me sometimes from seeing the orbx world!

I still have loads of actual pictures to post here, but I am still waiting for the Aerosoft A320 - and for the time to reach the respective places in the sim...

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Another wonderful flight Gerold with the usual interesting narration and smattering of RL images.

Gladly you landed safely without any noticeable problems.

My flights from Thailand usually ended with a one hours REX SAAB flight to Mildura from YMML but now a 2 hour drive in my car or the airport minibus service.

Thank you Martyn. I know I am lucky to have reasonable airline connections only 15 minutes away from home.

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

He is lucky Roger as SQ, TG and REX forbid photography in ascent or descent which results in dissent from me!:lol:

Thant make the airline decision more difficult, as SQ an TG would otherwise be doubtless first choices!

11 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Nice shots

Thanks Carlos.

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Great plane and great shots. Thanks!

The majestic Q400 is indeed a pleasure to use. Better in the sim than in RL...

10 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Absolutely!!

Scott

Thank you Scott.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic flight and shots Gerold! :)  The plane ain't bad neither. :D

As sad above, Adam: The majestic one is really a good choice for these distances.

10 hours ago, paulb said:

A great post Gerold! Good narrative! :)

Thanks Paul.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always a pleasure to fly with you on your virtual flights Gerold and these are excellent!

You are welcome, Jack!

39 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

New York, Rio, Tokyo Copenhagen. Celle. Hannover. ;):P:D Seriously, a great journey with some great pics.

Very cool pic.

The RL shot from the Hufeisensee looks like Australia in summer. Is it from this year?

Thank you Lars. You have realised the series of megacities I have encountered on this flight. 

The horseshoe lake picture was taken on an evening early July this year. Nice comparison with Australia, maybe with global warming we won´t have to travel down under in the near future :D?

Archived