Bordercross

Stillwater

The spelling is no mistake here, sportsmen. It is summer in Europe, don´t forget that - so I did not use a 150 cm board for this jump, but a 200 KA!

You can already guess from this intro statement which bird I will choose here in Landvetter.

glK8dOk.jpg

Off we go, over the fantastic coastline of Göteborg.

i132de3.jpg

xndueIW.jpg

The danish island Laesö, "pearl of the Kattegat". We reach it from the east...

3FEbimI.jpg

... and in this picture one should be able to the the big eastern dunes at Höjsande (up to 22 m height - missing) and Österby havn (the village is home of the Jomfru lobster festival - should be at the left corner at the end of the road).

0IvN1Vj.jpg

Nice northern weather while heading back eastwards to Sweden, ...

VhiH0or.jpg

... over Halmstad ...

0dWhMvo.jpg

... and Helsingborg. This is the place with the shortest distance between Danmark and Sweden and a popular ferry harbour.

VwU0rGs.jpg

And here we are already on final into Copenhagen, with the opera to the right, ...

Ou1PCtg.jpg

7Juvgag.jpg

... the Öresund bridge to the left, ...

wSzkLoo.jpg

bnXRai5.jpg

... and the 22R just underneath.

dVxyJwU.jpg

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

The spelling is no mistake here, sportsmen. It is summer in Europe, don´t forget that - so I did not use a 150 cm board for this jump, but a 200 KA!

What??!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You can already guess from this intro statement which bird I will choose here in Landvetter.

I understand only trainstation. :rolleyes::P

A very nice flight with the Swedish Fly Weapon, with spicy RL photos. The Öresund Bridge, is it from Orbx?

19 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gerold:  thanks for an interesting trip. The hazy effect really made it seem real. And it was fun scooting from one side of the plane to the other to look out the windows. I felt like a real tourist. Thanks!

Thank you Roger. I am sorry I did not wear the seat belt during approach, but I had to take pictures of these great views!

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for this latest narrated flight Gerold.

Some five star views with a couple of interesting RL photos.

Thanks Martyn. The RL photos were taken during 6 real landings. Well, some of them were useless, as it was dark outside...

17 hours ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Gerold !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you John!

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was excellent Gerold, another perfectly narrated flight and always love the real photos!

You may imagine how I love taking them?!

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Another wonderful flight and shots Gerold, nice job! :)

You´re welcome, Adam.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight and narrative Gerold :).

Where next, Germany, Norway?

Thanks Paul. I can already reveal it is going to be Germany. The weather should be ok, and I yet have to explore GES!

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

What??!

I understand only trainstation. :rolleyes::P

A very nice flight with the Swedish Fly Weapon, with spicy RL photos. The Öresund Bridge, is it from Orbx?

Ah, sorry for confusing you totally, Lars.

1. Boardercross is the reference to the winter sports https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowboardcross , while I was just jumping multiple times from Sweden to Denmark and back.

2. Easy choice not to take the Lufthansa but the much better service of the Swedish. Besides the fact I already mentioned to use the KingAlpha 200.

3. The Öresund bridge still is a problem for me: I have the FlyTampa version installed, but still I have the Orbx one in parallel. I did not manage to get rid of the second one. One day I´ll post a service request...

13 hours ago, Wakashi said:

These shots hit some real high notes (especially over the opera house):rolleyes:.  Love the mixology of the real world and OUR world, and I also liked knowing where I was when I was there! :D

Thank you Roger. Now, with your last sentence you got me confused... :blink:!

20 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Roger. Now, with your last sentence you got me confused... :blink:!

Just meant to say, you kept us informed of our whereabouts during the flight, must be my Okie way with words that confused ya! :lol:

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Ah, sorry for confusing you totally, Lars.

1. Boardercross is the reference to the winter sports https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowboardcross , while I was just jumping multiple times from Sweden to Denmark and back.

2. Easy choice not to take the Lufthansa but the much better service of the Swedish. Besides the fact I already mentioned to use the KingAlpha 200.

3. The Öresund bridge still is a problem for me: I have the FlyTampa version installed, but still I have the Orbx one in parallel. I did not manage to get rid of the second one. One day I´ll post a service request...

Now I get what you mean. Concerning the Öresund bridge, I also spot two bridges, a shiny one that resembles the real thing, and a Vector pontoon - basically the same as in San Francisco Bay. And I cannot remember having installed even one. There's a freeware one from FSDG, perhaps I try that one.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

That´s a really good one. If you won´t like FlyTampas EKCH, which comes with the bridge and is a brilliant airport.

Of course I'd like FlyTampas EKCH - with a juicy discount. I have no idea where to fly with EKCH and with which airline though. B)

18 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I have no idea where to fly with EKCH and with which airline though.

I have been flying in real life between EKCH and Hannover, Hamburg, Aberdeen, Stanstead, Peking and Shanghai. But they also have mid-distance connections to Norway. Or anything across the pole - just like Arlanda?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

I have been flying in real life between EKCH and Hannover, Hamburg, Aberdeen, Stanstead, Peking and Shanghai. But they also have mid-distance connections to Norway. Or anything across the pole - just like Arlanda?

That doesn't sound bad, but in general, the Norse have and intercontinental problem. -_-

Archived