The good, the bad and the washed-out in Arlanda

Stillwater

Arlanda is another well-detailed major airport, well-suited even as a base for ocean-crossing flights. And full of nice AI:

CrvknGp.jpg

If you want to rest after or before a long flight, they have some nice hotels nearby (the city is 60 km away). For us flight enthusiasts, the Jumbo Hotel is the first choice, for sure http://www.jumbostay.com/ !

G3IQ1zf.jpg

Unfortunately it was raining so heavy during my tour that the livery washed out!

tcZvafc.jpg

And, also unfortunately, the ESSA scenery still has some weaknesses: The white (?) shadow of the (totally) black fire training model is still present in the ground photo. OK, the shadows of non-existing cars on the motorways are also not deleted properly (see the hotel picture above)...

cQzW3YL.jpg

And using the jetways can also be confusing (they are nice but static). I had to start without passengers recently (well, that is not so bad, some airlines would even prefer that in RL :D!).

zZZmCPA.jpg

I keep my hopes up for an update and for better weather on the next flight!

1 hour ago, magic1 said:

nice shots

Thank you Magic!

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shot Gerold, to bad about the scenery errors.:(

Thanks John. Well, it is our task to find some glitches for upcoming revisions!

34 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Well, even with a few “scenery problems” looks like a nice place to visit.  I’ll bet that the next version to make repairs aren’t to far down the pike, knowing Orbx! :D

I have the same optimism, Roger. Cleaning up the ground photo should be easy, and currently jetways get more attention than some years ago.

22 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

super set of shots Gerold has that Jack been chucking  paint around and covered your chopper  regards EMM 

I am quite sure Jack had influence on the paint scheme here.

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very nice tour of the airport with some very useful RL information, too. There's nothing better than a jetway that's not properly working to kill your post-flight immersion.

You are right Lars, it really brings you slightly down. Though... some years ago we had to find this quite often!

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. At first I thought Jack landed that 747 on that STOL runway in your second shot.:D

That would have been a really short one. But... regarding Jack you never know :D!

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

405 USD for the cockpit suite overnight - do you get to chat with the tower? 

For that price I would hope for a close encounter with a flight attendant, female of course and NOT Hilda!:o

A very pleasant tour in the rain Gerold and a first class scenery.

I can never need the jetways to work as I usually park my plane well into the terminal buildings.:o

The white under the fire trainer is the dried retardant from countless practices.:)

They drive very fast in Sweden, so fast the cars leave their shadows behind.;) 

9 hours ago, BradB said:

These look just fine to me , but then again I have no RL visit's to compare them too . :):rolleyes::huh:

Cheers

John

And Sweden is quite off the standard touristic tracks, besides it is loooong. 

7 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Great shots.Some one took shots at you with a paintball gun.:D

Also that poor 747 looks a little lost.:huh:

Anthin.

Re the paintball gun please look below...

Sure the queen is lost there, but a nice idea!

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They all look mighty fine Gerold and I really love that link to a real aircraft hotel, what a cool idea!

Indeed a good idea, though the colour is not acceptable for you.

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

405 USD for the cockpit suite overnight - do you get to chat with the tower? 

Maybe I prefer to visit the cockpits in virtual (and sometimes real) planes...

3 hours ago, adambar said:

They still look good to me Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

For that price I would hope for a close encounter with a flight attendant, female of course and NOT Hilda!:o

Well said :D!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A very pleasant tour in the rain Gerold and a first class scenery.

I can never need the jetways to work as I usually park my plane well into the terminal buildings.:o

The white under the fire trainer is the dried retardant from countless practices.:)

They drive very fast in Sweden, so fast the cars leave their shadows behind.;) 

Your parking practice is logical and fast, the passengers will hurry to empty the plan so that your staff can quickly clean it out for the next flight.

And your explanations for the scenery glitches show your qualification for phone helpdesk services: No errors, all "mistakes" are by intention>:D!

Archived