North. True North. And then straight on!

Stillwater

Noon in Whitehorse. 

yh3cayT.jpg

Here we go...

f75cLsv.jpg

QZzkoBS.jpg

... climbing over Lage Laberge.

k2GjuKL.jpg

kUD1zlW.jpg

This is our routing as shown on Skyvector...

OT0btL6.jpg

... and this is how it looks in PRO-ATC/X. Much simpler...

yg4RUW3.jpg

So I head north and keep it this way...

aimwNQg.jpg

... over the Canadian Tundra, ...

pzi6Upk.jpg

... until we leave the american mainland near Pearce Point.

3D8PzUf.jpg

Greenland is unfortunately covered in clouds; the next land we see is Norway, near Trondheim. And here we are already reaching the Baltic Sea, ...

QActrka.jpg

... near Ljusne, Sweden. Vector at its finest.

Zha5GOW.jpg

Descending, still going nearly straight on, over green Sweden, ...

dn4tIOX.jpg

... and into Arlanda. Another airport I bought long time ago, but not visited yet.

4sdLu5f.jpg

aH4CWDH.jpg

I hope the passengers find a good way to unboard, at the end of this long day...

cAv5Szb.jpg

55 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

51 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

What a great flight Gerold, I enjoyed the shots and your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John. Sorry I could not show you Greenland in its beauty...

37 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another outstanding set Gerold.  I have this plane but still have not flown it as it should be yet, been too busy.  Do you find all the navigation systems working properly for such a long flight?

Thank you Jack. Yes, all the NAV systems worked totally perfect. Though, as you can see from the flight plan, it required a ton of manual input as there are no navaids, waypoints or even airways up there.

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Jack. Yes, all the NAV systems worked totally perfect. Though, as you can see from the flight plan, it required a ton of manual input as there are no navaids, waypoints or even airways up there.

Thanks Gerold!

1 hour ago, oldboy43 said:

Very nice shots, thank you.

Cheers

Karoly

Thank you, Karoly!

58 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Flying  that great arc looked to be fun and was informative too!  Thanks Gerold! 

Good to read you like this trip, Roger!

44 minutes ago, HercFan said:

Nice journey. Love those shots from the vc!

... and you don´t see them in motion - that makes them really great...!

38 minutes ago, BradB said:

Go North young man ........I loved your trip over the pole Gerold . :DB):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John. Wouldn´t a flight from Seattle to, say, Helsinki take a similar route?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Karoly!

Good to read you like this trip, Roger!

... and you don´t see them in motion - that makes them really great...!

Thanks John. Wouldn´t a flight from Seattle to, say, Helsinki take a similar route?

Yep , everyday we have 777's - A380's - 747's - A330's - A350's - 787's go right over our house out of LAX and SFO headed for Europe and the Middle East . I love my FlightRadar24 app . :D:wub:

John

Really fine shots, Gerold. I think your routing is not very realistic, since you use random coordinate waypoints over the Yukon Territory. I checked that because yesterday I completed a flight from PAJN to EDDF, almost the same routing. It was a gigantic hassle to find a suitable routing with PFPX. I ended up YXY J515 YQH J521 YHY J526 YZF between Whitehorse and Yellowknife, than following the track that goes from Vancouver and Seattle to Europe. I ended up giving myself a little direct.

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Great pictures of a great circle.

Thank you OnD!

11 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Epic shots. Great plane.

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin.

11 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Really fine shots, Gerold. I think your routing is not very realistic, since you use random coordinate waypoints over the Yukon Territory. I checked that because yesterday I completed a flight from PAJN to EDDF, almost the same routing. It was a gigantic hassle to find a suitable routing with PFPX. I ended up YXY J515 YQH J521 YHY J526 YZF between Whitehorse and Yellowknife, than following the track that goes from Vancouver and Seattle to Europe. I ended up giving myself a little direct.

I see your routing looks simolar, Lars. I tried to find an easier routing with skyvector, as I hate to enter all these DTOs. No chance: North of the mainland there is only Thule and YEU, no airways. This is much better if you head slightly south.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Super flight and shots Gerold! :)  Now if they only served some food. :D

Sorry Adam, I can´t help you with the cabin service on AC...:o

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I enjoyed this flight Gerold and it must be very pleasing to get all of these extras to work.

Great narration too.

Sometimes I cannot even get Ctrl+E to co-operate!:wacko::blink::P:lol:

You are right Martyn, it is rewarding to have all this stuff work well. And nice to have an uncommon perspective of the planet (yes, it is round!).

5 hours ago, magic1 said:

very nice

Thank you Magic!

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

super set of shots Gerold I enjoyed all you shots and it looks like you had a good flight regards EMM

Thanks Stewart. I liked the geography and the variation of landscape, but the clouds prevented me from greater looks on the arctic...

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots wonderful trip Gerold. Gotta try it with my Gooney Bird someday. Probably better without Hilda. :rolleyes::lol::D

I would be happy to see Mule Services going the polar route. But you´d need a descent flight planning, not every place up there has the fuel or spirits you need ...

Archived