Welcome to San Diego v2.0: A Free Update For Existing Customers!

On 8/9/2018 at 8:16 AM, Greg073 said:

Why are the Southwest aircraft purple?  And the photoreal doesn't look any different.

7 hours ago, JohnKnapp said:

Yes why? I have never seen a purple scheme, always blue and red. I live on part of the flight path for KSAN and see Southwest planes all the time.

6 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Hopefully this is just a after effect from Photoshop or whatever they do to these photos. Here are the correct colors.

https://www.schemecolor.com/southwest-airlines-logo-colors.php

SW2.jpg

Can the green along the runways be brightened up a bit? I think in real life they're a lot brighter in color. In order to use this version of KSAN NASC will have to be installed? I had uninstalled my Northern and Southern California because none of my airports would be correct when I would load into the Sim. I'd always have to go back through and turn off a lot of bgl's in those two add-ons to make sure if I flew into KSFO, KLAS, KLAX etc so I wouldn't be landing under the runways and into valleys in the scenery. 

I found without having NASC installed I could not use KSAN, so I then have to use a different scenery for KSAN. 

BN8Y39.jpg

BNB8R6.jpg

Personally, a little greener or a little less green along the runways and the plane a little more purple blue or a little less purple blue, it doesn't bother me, they are only details especially if the scene is really much more optimized with a new ground image and other features...

And the color also depends on the calibration of its screen.

37 minutes ago, Shylock35 said:

Can the green along the runways be brightened up a bit? I think in real life they're a lot brighter in color. In order to use this version of KSAN NASC will have to be installed? I had uninstalled my Northern and Southern California because none of my airports would be correct when I would load into the Sim. I'd always have to go back through and turn off a lot of bgl's in those two add-ons to make sure if I flew into KSFO, KLAS, KLAX etc so I wouldn't be landing under the runways and into valleys in the scenery. 

I found without having NASC installed I could not use KSAN, so I then have to use a different scenery for KSAN. 

Hi, you don't need to use NASC, it's compatible with GLOBAL, OPEN LC and NASCA ( as written above ). The runway now has more dark tone, and the green is more vivid.

Take in mind the colours of the object anyway depends mainly from your setting.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, you don't need to use NASC, it's compatible with GLOBAL, OPEN LC and NASCA ( as written above ). The runway now has more dark tone, and the green is more vivid.

Take in mind the colours of the object anyway depends mainly from your setting.

Cheers.

Good to hear. Looking forward to this release. Will you include the Thousands Standing Around (TSA) near the security areas all on their phones with one huge line of people going through the screening areas??? Because if anybody has been through KSAN terminal in real life will know this feature lol...joking. 

Keep up the great work.

Just so everyone's on the same page, the Southwest Heart colours are not purple (They certainly are a vibrant colour as you can see in the images below, but certainly not as "purple" as from the previews). Nor was the Canyon Blue phase. It's easy to call the colours purple from certain photographs. Lighting and several other factors play a large role in that; but, the company colours are not purple (would you call a Delta 77L "yellow" because it looked yellow under certain lighting conditions at night? I didn't think so). I've physically walked around WN-jets in maintenance hangars and fly WN constantly. WN used to have their brand style/guidelines available on the internet, and they explicitly state their colours and their corresponding ID. Check the images below for your proof. Anyways, Mr Veneziani is doing an outstanding job and I do hope it's just an effect from the screenshots and probably won't be that serious in the sim. (Please don't see this as a hate comment, I really do love the dedication for this project and certainly will purchase it). Best of luck to you guys :) 

southwest brand guide.PNG

southwest brand guide2.PNG

20180630_123934.jpg

20180627_101415.jpg

Hangar.jpg

colours.jpg

11 hours ago, Jviation said:

Just so everyone's on the same page, the Southwest Heart colours are not purple (They certainly are a vibrant colour as you can see in the images below, but certainly not as "purple" as from the previews). Nor was the Canyon Blue phase. It's easy to call the colours purple from certain photographs. Lighting and several other factors play a large role in that; but, the company colours are not purple (would you call a Delta 77L "yellow" because it looked yellow under certain lighting conditions at night? I didn't think so). I've physically walked around WN-jets in maintenance hangars and fly WN constantly. WN used to have their brand style/guidelines available on the internet, and they explicitly state their colours and their corresponding ID. Check the images below for your proof. Anyways, Mr Veneziani is doing an outstanding job and I do hope it's just an effect from the screenshots and probably won't be that serious in the sim. (Please don't see this as a hate comment, I really do love the dedication for this project and certainly will purchase it). Best of luck to you guys :) 

Thanks i will change a little bit the tone of the colour, is not a big deal :)

Cheers

6 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Thanks i will change a little bit the tone of the colour, is not a big deal :)

Cheers

Thanks, again I don't mean any hate, and I truly respect your patience and dedication towards this project and being willing to change things. 

Cheers, :) 

Looking forward to this update! Will there be an option to disable the photo-scenery?  It looks nice during the day but at night I prefer it to be disabled and favor the ORBX 3d lighting provided with FTXG and Southern CA.  Thanks for all the hard work, one of my favorite airports to fly in to!

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Looking forward to this update! Will there be an option to disable the photo-scenery?  It looks nice during the day but at night I prefer it to be disabled and favor the ORBX 3d lighting provided with FTXG and Southern CA.  Thanks for all the hard work, one of my favorite airports to fly in to!

To my knowledge, all orbx addon airports are still annotated with the FTX 3D lighting regardless if there is a photo scenery base or not.

Matteo, I'm so excited for this update! I love the scenery already and welcome any improvements/enhancements. 

The only feedback I would like to throw in, as others have mentioned, the green around the runway could be more vibrant. It's not only true to reality but looks really cool as well.

Thanks for spending time on making this product even better! 

Cheers

14 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Matteo,

What if you have all 3 Orbx global/OpenLC and So Call Region pack installed. which is the best one to choose in the control panel?

Hi, 

SoCal option :)

20 hours ago, dansandiego said:

Matteo, I'm so excited for this update! I love the scenery already and welcome any improvements/enhancements. 

The only feedback I would like to throw in, as others have mentioned, the green around the runway could be more vibrant. It's not only true to reality but looks really cool as well.

Thanks for spending time on making this product even better! 

Cheers

Thanks sir,   Is there anyway I can make my helipads hard surfaces again like in v.1? for us nape of the earth Helo pilots?

28 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, 

SoCal option :)

Wow - thanks a million, and best compliments for the free update!

Have only done a short check flight- but obviously all promises kept!

It’s very generous to give it as a free update, and not normal behavior for all!

best regards

Klaus

This update I take personal! :)

After my criticism in the preview forum I am happy to see all flaws of

the first version have been removed for something so much better!

I love the airport clutter,the typical service vehicles for KSAN,

the static aircrafts in the right colours! :) 

And what a great night-lighting of the buildings,apron and the static aircrafts in FSX!

Who needs dynamic lighting, if the lighting of all objects is already so perfect!

I also appreciate the new aerial image,all the details added now,

the waves and surf at mission-beach and ocean-beach!

Yes they matter,as they are so impressive in real life,approaching KSAN from the west.

And what an improvement for Point Loma and its lighthouse now!

A lot more to discover...

Yes,and what a joy to fly into KSAN virtually now with this incredible performance boost!

Very,very well done Matteo!!!

Thank You so much!

With best regards, Jens P

I finally had some time and updated to this new version.

I was pleasantly surprised by the scope of the update, huge performance improvements, love the extended photo scenery imagery which extends all the way out to Gillespie Field and Lakeside.

I snowbird to Santee (near Gillespie Field) and I can clearly see my 5th wheel trailer in Santee Lakes recreation area....man I am impressed.

Nice job and thanks for the free upgrade, well done.

Archived