This is actually about 'Flying'

Or, is that a dirty word here?!

But here's a bit of useful advice I've pinched from someone on the other forum...err.. Orbx?

' "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground,  buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I've really got to remember this but how the hell do you land?

John

• 1 month later...

Hi JohnY  If you are having difficulty landing bear a few things in mind mate.  1  You'vv got to slow down to come down.2 have the right approach speed and flap setting for the particular aircraft.[Trainer preferred viz A2A Pa28]  3 set Yourself up with a 3 degree slope to the runway touchdown point 4 round out or flair gradually from your guess of a height of 50 feet  5 gradually reduce power in the flair and follow my advice from the above post. 6 above all do not tell the aircraft 'land now'  It wont land till it stalls 1 foot above ground. Try this and practice practice and you'll walk away with a good landing and satisfaction every time. Cheers

Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick Light.  Doc_Z has it right.  Are you sure you're in the right forum?  This is the 'oldies' forum where we chatter about mostly nonsense.  'Specially, Rodger!

Sorry mate-couldn't resist it.

John

On 9/15/2018 at 2:02 AM, JohnY said:

Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick Light.  Doc_Z has it right.  Are you sure you're in the right forum?  This is the 'oldies' forum where we chatter about mostly nonsense.  'Specially, Rodger!

Sorry mate-couldn't resist it.

John

:lol:  Thanks, John. I raise a pint to you. :lol:

Hi All  I was a bit misguided. I thought this might have been a serious discussion about the challenge of obtaining  new knowledge of aviation techniques in our old age. I am 75 yrs and look at new challenges all the time to keep young. Don't want to get involved with an 'Aunty Mame' column so I'll just sign off. Have fun. Over and OUT.

• 2 weeks later...

On the exact subject of "this is actually about 'Flying'.;)

Arguably, being madly in love is just another way of being mad.

Neither has an objective reason.

'I'm mad about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's mad'. 

'I'm crazy about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's crazy'. 

'I'm bonkers about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's bonkers'. 

'I'm barmy about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's barmy'. 

'I'm nuts about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's nuts'. 

'I'm potty about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's potty'. 

'I'm crackers about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's crackers'. 

'I'm batty about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's batty'. 

'I'm dotty about Kate Beckinsale' in no way relates to  'Don't listen to him, he's dotty'. 

Archived