Kein motzen, kein kotzen

Stillwater

I cannot translate the German wisdom of freight pilots into english, maybe google can help you?!

I just had to reach colder climate for some days. So I agreed to the request of FedEx to bring some huge fishing equipment northwards from Vancouver.

Le5GUWv.jpg

We met at the FedEx station, ...

nX3zYV5.jpg

... and prepared for the flight whilst the freight was stowed.

ETkJele.jpg

The unusual (short) runway 30 was selected by ATC. I was slightly panicking and apllied full power, but all went well and lead us directly north...

eEDiASV.jpg

... across Nanaimo, ...

LtKVDSD.jpg

... Pender Harbour...

9YxbK2R.jpg

... and Powell River.

Dfo9sjc.jpg

The inside passage east of Vancouver Island, after reaching the first regular flight level.

oMWdnwv.jpg

Prince Rupert in the lower left corner of the picture. That means the channels towards Terrace and Kitimat are behind us.

GdmumZS.jpg

Annette Island and Ketchikan ahead, ...

xuz7Hc8.jpg

... with the first directly below.

18sagT9.jpg

The Tongass Fjords area. Works well in P3D, but needs a decent manual installation, brilliantly summarized by Elaine Dixon. 

UV8Tizu.jpg

Coming to refreshing glacierlands, with the Saywer glacier to our right.

FWh2Ann.jpg

Hoonah.

4FHohI8.jpg

The Grand Pacific Glacier. Looking grand indeed.

MCZF5y6.jpg

Here we descend into our destination Yakutat, ...

tL8cqcZ.jpg

RqDleCp.jpg

... have a little look at the entire scenery, ...

vnEhLwP.jpg

... and follow the lovely YAK3 approach.

ubbPQXS.jpg

Lined up.

Hs22nCm.jpg

Ready for final.

Z95Pyka.jpg

8vfVupl.jpg

Finished work for today. No cheering of paxes, but also no claims. And refreshing cold air... We directly head for some beer, now that @flyingleaf Karls fishermen have left the city: 

B76EuLC.jpg

12 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip Gerold. Yep they are still cleaning my C47. Next time only freight:angry::lol::D

You obviously haven't heard that your next freight consignment are 5 prize cows.:o

Just drill some big holes in the floor, open all the windows and you should be alright.:huh:

It will be more pleasant being in the cockpit than under your flightpath.:lol:

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

You obviously haven't heard that your next freight consignment are 5 prize cows.:o

Just drill some big holes in the floor, open all the windows and you should be alright.:huh:

It will be more pleasant being in the cockpit than under your flightpath.:lol:

Holy Cow Martyn. That's gonna be a whole lotta Moo doo :wacko::lol::D

The German word comes through as 'motza' in South Island NZ slang.  It meant drive or guts or go.   There were many Lutheran migrants living among the Scots migrants...each as miserable as the others.  

So I guess the phrase above is very colloquial, no guts no glory. 

Oh Gerold , what started out as a great post of some really fine shots has now disintegrated into a post about barnyard humor ............

I apologize for some of the antics of my fellow forum members . :o:angry::P:lol:

Cheers

John

21 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

What a superb flight, Gerold. And you are right: "Pax motzt nicht, Pax kotzt nicht" cannot really be translated :D

Thank you Bernd. In this rare instance the german saying is unbeatable.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was awesome Gerold!  And the Sawyer glacier?  Cool.  But what a great narrative and over so many places we love, it was really well done.  Thanks!

Thanks Jack. I have looked 3 or more times, but I think indeed they have given that glacier the wrong spelling: Everywhere they call it "Saywer Glacier", I cannot believe that!

18 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip Gerold. Yep they are still cleaning my C47. Next time only freight:angry::lol::D

Sorry to hear your cleaning crew is so slow. Kind of a surprise, as you only had liquids on bord?!

15 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Bravo!! *clapclap* That was a really enjoyable flight. Wonderful pictures, Gerold, well done!

Thank you Lars. I knew you´d like the plane and the few cockpit shots.

13 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Now, that’s really something, a phrase that can’t be translated (literally anyway)!  Bet you can translate this statement, Dandy job on this series Sir! :rolleyes:

Thanks Roger. I can´t translate more than its meaning, unfortunately not the sounding.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding job with those shots Gerold! :)  Have a cold one on me. :D

I had, Adam, and I´ll have. As you request.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Enthralling flight and narration Gerold.

I hope you are not trying to reel in a certain Hilda with that huge fishing gear!:huh::o>:D:wub::-

I´ll never come into virtual interaction here with anyone who does not wear a red dress, Martyn. Rest assured.

5 hours ago, macca22au said:

The German word comes through as 'motza' in South Island NZ slang.  It meant drive or guts or go.   There were many Lutheran migrants living among the Scots migrants...each as miserable as the others.  

So I guess the phrase above is very colloquial, no guts no glory. 

Thank you Ian, for the comments as well as for your language explanation. Interesting to learn!

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Oh Gerold , what started out as a great post of some really fine shots has now disintegrated into a post about barnyard humor ............

I apologize for some of the antics of my fellow forum members . :o:angry::P:lol:

Cheers

John

I knew that a reference to Karls fantastic miner transport could be risky here, but I could not resist. So I have to take the humor. You know I am a totally serious man >:D:D.

Archived