Bya, bye Tipella

Stillwater

Getting ready to make noise at Anacortes...

lblPhwb.jpg

stgm8UM.jpg

Slightly north: the Cherry point refinery.

VN9rdZp.jpg

And some minutes later, the beautiful Harrison Lake in SW Canadas rockies.

YZ4rpA9.jpg

a0lB8EK.jpg

This is Tipella. Not. The NatureFlow still works, but the buildings are gone. I suspect they are lost with the library updates?

dedaAth.jpg

l7HA6mn.jpg

5fo3u4w.jpg

Bye, bye Tipella, I will probably not return virtually.

KiGHPnV.jpg

So I directly crossed the mountains (not easy with this bird)...

gybXcoC.jpg

z5huZPz.jpg

... to get towards Vancouver. Which does work, indeed.

3VrKnUx.jpg

HM4k3up.jpg

Still flying my Tipella but in FSX only-one of the few reasons to keep a FSX setup running

Mountain Air (Aerosoft Dangerous Airports)is another FSX only item in same category 

Perhaps the Sibwings An2 and Flight 1Brittain Norman Islander

xxd09

I know how frustrating it is when something that should be there in the sim is missing, but thank you nonetheless, Gerold, for taking us along on a tour through the beautiful western mountains. "Suck and Blow", an impressive plane. Whenever I see it posted here I think of the Steven King movie "The Night Flyer", but I seem to be the only one to have seen it... 

6 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Still flying my Tipella but in FSX only-one of the few reasons to keep a FSX setup running

Mountain Air (Aerosoft Dangerous Airports)is another FSX only item in same category 

xxd09

I have the Flight1 Islander working in P3DV4.0 but I do know what you mean in keeping FSX going as I too have several planes that are FSX only.

Maybe I will have to dust it off and give it a go again!

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I know how frustrating it is when something that should be there in the sim is missing, but thank you nonetheless, Gerold, for taking us along on a tour through the beautiful western mountains. "Suck and Blow", an impressive plane. Whenever I see it posted here I think of the Steven King movie "The Night Flyer", but I seem to be the only one to have seen it... 

I have seen the movie too Lars a long time ago.

A pretty sinister 337 it was too.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

18 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Thanks for commenting, mate. I have deleted the FSX a few weeks ago when I recognized I haven´t ever used it since I installed p3d 9 months ago.

16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

The 337 is quite fast & able to climb well, whilst still being suited for short bushstrips. A nice combo, never to be forgotten!

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great set Gerold with some wonderful scenery to make up for your disappointment.

Maybe something to do with climate change.

You mean I could try Tipella again when it is colder here in Germany and my GPU comes under the 90°C mark? A good idea...

7 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Even without Tipella, you took us on a fine journey Gerold, too bad about that scenery though, I rather liked to go there on occasion, haven't been in a while! :(

Thank you Roger. It would be interesting to see your results...

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding collection of shots Gerold! :)  Haven't flown the 337 for a long time, forgot about :rolleyes:

Thanks Adam. Get her out of the hangar and fly the cobwebs off!

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold :)

Shame about Tipella though. I must check it out.

I can copy my comment from 2 lines above: It would be interesting to see your results...

Archived