TrueEarth Netherlands Coming to Aerofly FS2!

Calling all AFS2 simmers! 

TrueEarth technology is finally landing on IPACS Aerofly FS2 starting with The Netherlands! For those not yet to experience high-fidelity scenery in Aerofly FS2, expect to find extremely dense building & vegetation cultivation, incredible crisp terrain textures, and effortlessly smooth performance.

63-28542ed81bdf0677d4d97cbc57d5f2cf.thumb.jpg.969546446d701a706fbacc0e617c9647.jpg

Flying over the Netherlands is a joy - TrueEarth Netherlands contains the entirety of the country complete with cities, towns, and countryside all where they should be. The Netherlands, often referred to as Holland, is a country located in Western Europe. The five largest cities in the Netherlands are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht (forming the Randstad megalopolis) and Eindhoven (leading the Brabantse Stedenrij).The Port of Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe and the world's largest outside Asia.

Netherlands literally means "lower countries" - the name came from the country's low land and flat geography, with only about 50% of its land exceeding 1 meter (3 ft 3 in) above sea level. Since the late 16th century, about 17% of the country's current landmass has been reclaimed from the sea!

What is TrueEarth?

TrueEarth is a game-changing product for Orbx - for the first time we are combining the full suite of features from our FTX regions with a completely photoreal terrain base - a feature previously limited to our airports. TrueEarth Netherlands is far more than a traditional photoreal product, it features comprehensive (and complete) building and vegetation placements, thousands of hand-placed landmarks and POI, and hand-edited textures.

Features: 

• The entirety of Netherlands depicted in complete detail! 
  • 85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution 
  • Full 3D night lighting
  • 43 airports
  • CityScene building technology for all major cities, towns, villages and urban areas. CityScene tech improves on traditional cultivation by adding unusual footprints, higher detail (roof details etc) and better long-range visibility
  • Incredibly dense vegetation cultivation. Far superior to automated OSM technology, our cultivation is compiled from multiple data sets, and hand-edited to ensure maximum fidelity, accuracy and density. 
  • Beautifully edited terrain textures - colourised, edited, cleaned up. Blemishes such as cloud cover, water sun glare, seamlines, discolouration and some vehicle footprints have been removed
  • Ultra HD mesh at 5m resolution. Netherlands may be flat, but incredible details such as tailings dumps, sand dunes and even highway overpass ramps are visible
  • Accurate road, waterways, transmission line and other vector/GIS components. 
  • Beautiful custom building textures for all autogen buildings
  • Hundreds of custom landmarks and POI
  • Traditional Dutch windmills
  • Major churches and cathedrals custom modelled
  • Custom models for all major TV and radio masts
  • Many major bridges custom designed
  • Custom ship models unique to Netherlands
  • Thousands of hand-placed animated wind turbines, refineries, harbours and other library objects
  • Hand-edited and colourised water textures, including complete watermasking

TrueEarth Netherlands will launch for AUD$54.95 (approx. USD $42 / £30 / €34 ) - 40% OFF if you’ve already purchased it for P3D!

Here are a few screenshots from Emmsie. Don't forget to stay tuned here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages for plenty more news!

63-0559104fa08c16652b3ab0f547113dd5.thumb.jpg.de6ac79ec1ff1a9dd2d5696e6eb97de9.jpg
63-832be433baf6a06e8f17917e28aa6431.thumb.jpg.089ad0104c1e1521479031c77bcff3b9.jpg63-771ef528cc3e56616ffc4e76774fb00a.thumb.jpg.94763d46a0cf1b4d88195256b653cdf2.jpg63-351f4c1406e1f2db3751f2e1279b3597.thumb.jpg.2349db9bc673b55231566a332fd82170.jpg63-3cf74854bccd8c1860d2644ba9bb6e7e.thumb.jpg.514a07d463391f8a0b10f9654cbdb384.jpg63-eeaffeeadb9c44975993060492d6a8fe.thumb.jpg.b0abda85d64d9f4c594be2d2baee4dcb.jpg63-edbacbb07bb1255e54e8e593b7e53743.thumb.jpg.9c52c49b968dabd5a7ab704dddc8e61d.jpg63-c83fdabddfd0abd4b0e639f9ce0d752a.thumb.jpg.c78c38e8d31e0fbfbccd592470367ca0.jpg63-b56f72c996725dc09ec104cce3cbe697.thumb.jpg.46353a375bf950442b50c2cf6747b53a.jpg63-878786bcd947e1bcd6979ff7e36fef60.thumb.jpg.e54e228160c640759ec35fb86755b7bf.jpg

Wow, this really looks quite something. It will also give us the added bonus of seeing how a full region works in terms of performance. Maybe the afs2 naysayers will have to quiet :)

if if we could get a real weather generator we will be 1/2 way there......

I wish that you (ORBX) would write coordinates on the pictures. Especially when they show lots and lots of pictures from the P3D version, there were lot of places I would like to see/overfly, but haven't got a clue to where it was.

I know you will say that's part of the fun to go and explore, but I'm not just talking about The Netherlands, but all the regions you show off.

JLund

• Ben McClintock changed the title to Netherlands TrueEarth Coming to Aerofly FS 2!
1 hour ago, Matthijs said:

Wow, just amazing! This is really the next-gen flightsim. 

When it comes to graphics it sure is!

12 minutes ago, yanlaoge said:

I have bought the P3D version, but this is what I have been most eagerly waiting for.

Same here!

3 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Looks great, but when can I buy it?

When is has been released! B)

13 hours ago, Aimee Sanjari said:
  • 85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution 

Two questions:

1. if I recall correctly the P3D version had 1m resolution in certain area's and not everywhere. Does this mean the AFS2 has higher resolution all over the country? Or am I mistaken? (I remember asking for high resolution all over the country because AFS2 lacks seasons so the AFS2 download size wouldn't become bigger than the P3D download size even with higher res textures all over the country.)

2. Do you already know the download size of this addon? Someone asked about this on another forum.

13 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Obviously.

I could have worked that out.

LOL Yes, of course, I know, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. ;) I am also DYING to hear when it will be released but usually Orbx doesn't give dates.

4 minutes ago, J van E said:

LOL Yes, of course, I know, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. ;) I am also DYING to hear when it will be released but usually Orbx doesn't give dates.

No offense taken.

Like you I have been waiting months for this to be released.

Mick

We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!

There are even further optimisations coming so performance will increase even more. Rest assured you will have a rock solid 90FPS in VR no matter where you are in this scenery.

Even so, be careful with sliders - setting shadows to insane on mid-spec PCs may affect performance, and also don’t set VR over sampling too high - 1.2  to 1.4 is a good level for great cockpit fidelity.

Wow. I really hope we see a shift into the next gen sims. I'm a p3d and x plane guy but i just don't get that excitement anymore from them. Tweak this, change that, lower this, increase that, aa issues here, night lighting issues there. Like i do enjoy the tweaks at the same time because it gives us options, however im waiting for that new WOW flight sim. AFS2 looks like heading that way. 

1 hour ago, Ridz2018 said:

Wow. I really hope we see a shift into the next gen sims. I'm a p3d and x plane guy but i just don't get that excitement anymore from them. Tweak this, change that, lower this, increase that, aa issues here, night lighting issues there. Like i do enjoy the tweaks at the same time because it gives us options, however im waiting for that new WOW flight sim. AFS2 looks like heading that way. 

Yes, if you want utterly smooth performance out of the box, get Aerofly FS 2! You won't believe how smooth it is until you tried it yourself. Install, pull all sliders right and enjoy.

Problem may be though that AFS2 is indeed 'heading that way' and that it seems to become quite a long way... Luckily Orbx has hopped on board to make the trip a LOT nicer! ;) 

AFS2 is great for my current simming needs, which is why it is the only sim I have installed, but if you can't live without weather or ATC or study level planes you still need to keep another sim installed. But even then AFS2 is great to have alongside it for those perfectly smooth flights! :)

BTW Although a lot of people call AFS2 a VFR and/or VR sim I only fly it in 2D and I only fly the Q400 (and sometimes the Airbus). Though the Q400 is lacking a working FMS everything else I have to do to get from A to Z I can do just as I did with the Majestic Q400 in P3D. It keeps my just as busy! AFS2 has a lot more on offer than some people think. It is indeed 'heading that way'! 

PS I do plan to also fly the C172 above TrueEarth Netherlands though... ;) 

YES! Just amazing!

I am looking forward to the flights over Netherlands TrueEarth with my Oculus Rift.

Yes, AFS2 is great for my current simming needs. Specifically, the upcoming helicopter for AFS2 will make flying over such a scenery to a pleasure.

Jakob

4 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

Anyone? :P Thanks in advance. 

Where possible issues have been looked at but remember this is a depiction in detail of a whole country so there will be priorities for what is important and what is less important.  It's not physically possible for even a team to check every building, feature or landmark is represented, and there must always be a line drawn under what determines feasible scenery for the price. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 12:18 AM, jlund said:

I wish that you (ORBX) would write coordinates on the pictures. Especially when they show lots and lots of pictures from the P3D version, there were lot of places I would like to see/overfly, but haven't got a clue to where it was.

I know you will say that's part of the fun to go and explore, but I'm not just talking about The Netherlands, but all the regions you show off.

JLund

from top to bottom:

1. Rotterdam centre and airport near horizon, direction of view: heading North West

2.?

3.?

4?

5. Cessna is heading East and is flying above Badhoevendorp area, the lake you see is Sloterplas (Amsterdam SoutWest)

6. same as 1, but closer to Rotterdam airport

7. Europort/ Rotterdam

8. Flying above Badhoevendorp, Cessna heading North East

9. Flying above Sloten (water is Sloterplas). Cessna heading North East.

10. ?

Archived