A New day, the old visibility issues

Stillwater

Getting ready at Sonny Bono Airport for a trip to the coast, once again with AS16 real weather - and hoping for californian sun...

9Os61QQ.jpg

This is what I call a blurry VC, as already reported I have this impression since I changed from 4.1 to 4.3. I must try to change some settings (which I did not change actively)...

MPW7Tgs.jpg

At least we can get her in the air and leave Palm Springs with nice views.

7YJ24Yy.jpg

qiru7UT.jpg

cZEiPsm.jpg

muhWUlz.jpg

Passing the San Gabriel mountains...

tmVg8cZ.jpg

... before entering thick overcast on descend. Again. These coastal clouds are a pain! While I was carefully descending, ATC announced a change of runway, just to increase my stress level a bit. I was not even able to capture a shot of the milk outside - just in the final seconds the runway came into view:

gDoGdtt.jpg

KsPSPHK.jpg

Full brakes...

yUwrzId.jpg

... and here we are, ready for some crab dinner at Cannery Road. But where is the sunshine?

UWxHvyT.jpg

Oh yeah, crab dinner !! I'll join you for that, Gerold.

Very nice shots, but at least in these ones the VC does not come across as blurry, at least not for me. Even, when I click on the picture to enlarge it, it looks fine to me. But maybe I need new reading glasses.:)

Why don't you try this: take screenshots of the VCs, where you think they appear blurred. Then delete the 4.3 client and go back to 4.1 or 4.2, take the same shots and compare them 

Wonderful flight Gerold, now I thought the weather was always crystal clear along the coast or was I dreaming this!:o

Meals describe some portions of my flights too, you have the crab dinner and my landings are usually a dog's breakfast.:ph34r::wacko::lol:

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Oh yeah, crab dinner !! I'll join you for that, Gerold.

Very nice shots, but at least in these ones the VC does not come across as blurry, at least not for me. Even, when I click on the picture to enlarge it, it looks fine to me. But maybe I need new reading glasses.:)

Why don't you try this: take screenshots of the VCs, where you think they appear blurred. Then delete the 4.3 client and go back to 4.1 or 4.2, take the same shots and compare them 

Thanks for commenting Bernd. I forgot to mention the cold white wine accompanying the dinner. Would that be a suggestion?

Maybe it is only me needing new reading glasses. Though... meanwhile I have changes the antialiasing settings (fxaa off, 4xmsaa, textures 4096 in the sim, follow application settings in nvidia inspector), and it looks much better. I suspect p3d changed its setting during the upgrade.

44 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful flight Gerold, now I thought the weather was always crystal clear along the coast or was I dreaming this!:o

Meals describe some portions of my flights too, you have the crab dinner and my landings are usually a dog's breakfast.:ph34r::wacko::lol:

Sorry for interrupting your dreams, Martyn. I will go on cheating with the weather in the next days, I just like to see the scenery!

Hope you have some good meals during your flights at least?

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Jumpin' Jupiter - these are some amazing shots!

Thank you Bermuda. You may imagine how amazed I was when I couldn´t see the runway until about 500 ft AGL...!

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Quite the nice flight Gerold, and I see what you mean with the blurry cockpit, did you get it straightened out and if so how?

Thanks Jack. I got it solved now, it was the antialiasing setting that was changed by p3d during the update. Now I am back to my successful original.

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

it was the antialiasing setting that was changed by p3d during the update. Now I am back to my successful original.

Thanks Gerold, can you be more specific?

Before I make any changes I always take a lot of screen caps of all my settings.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, can you be more specific?

Before I make any changes I always take a lot of screen caps of all my settings.

The screen shot work is a good practice.

I had just copied my p3d.cfg, and when comparing and reinstalling these I overlooked the following: 

p3d apparently changed fxaa and msaa. So I returned to fxaa off, 4xmsaa, textures 4096 in the sim, along with "follow application settings" in nvidia inspector.

Just now, Stillwater said:

The screen shot work is a good practice.

I had just copied my p3d.cfg, and when comparing and reinstalling these I overlooked the following: 

p3d apparently changed fxaa and msaa. So I returned to fxaa off, 4xmsaa, textures 4096 in the sim, along with "follow application settings" in nvidia inspector.

Ah!  I see!  I was told by Jetline to use only 4xmsaa.  Glad it was something so very simple Gerold, good for you my friend!

45 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Bermuda. You may imagine how amazed I was when I couldn´t see the runway until about 500 ft AGL...!

Even more incredible to think that ILS minimums are 200 ft AGL ceiling! It is a relief to see a big runway in front of you by then.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

35 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Great set Gerold nice narration and great shots, nice clouds also!

Thanks Wakashi. Nice clouds... well, relatively!

21 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Nice trip, too bad about the weather but your crab dinner is well earned.:P:D

Thank you Karl. How I would like such a dinner even after a virtual flight...:D

8 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent selection of shots Gerold! :)

Thank you, Paul!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots Gerold! :)  I'm not having that ploblem with 4.3, and as mentioned above, try turning off FXAA.

I did as you said - and it worked! You have deserved a very BIG THANK YOU, Adam :rollmyeyes:!

These are outstanding pictures, Gerold - and a really cool plane and cool angles...

When I read your post I first realized that you meant blurries in the VC, not in the landscape... Good to hear that you sorted that out, but the first thing that came to my mind was that you could try to switch "Mipmap VC panel" in the options - without it my VCs look blurry, too, it's just that I had already forgotten that... :rollmyeyes:B)

16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

These are outstanding pictures, Gerold - and a really cool plane and cool angles...

When I read your post I first realized that you meant blurries in the VC, not in the landscape... Good to hear that you sorted that out, but the first thing that came to my mind was that you could try to switch "Mipmap VC panel" in the options - without it my VCs look blurry, too, it's just that I had already forgotten that... :rollmyeyes:B)

Thank you Lars.

When moving to 4.3 I compared the fresh p3d.cfg with the previous one, and "MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1" was still unchanged. FXAA was the key for me, and unnoted...

Archived