First flight in 4.3

Stillwater

Up the coast from foggy San Diego (I had to cheat with the weather after takeoff >:D) ...

1wfHFBr.jpg

82K0kAd.jpg

... over Carlsbad, ...

aDfjvN7.jpg

... and climbing into the San Jacinto mountains.

KfKEzrS.jpg

Here we roll down into Palm Springs.

WHv6t4T.jpg

cgnRue1.jpg

a9xMHeD.jpg

I have the impression that my settings (especially the VC) got a bit blurry with the change to p3d 4.3 - though the setting is still on 4096. Anyone got an idea to modify the sharpness (be it in p3d itself or in nvidia)?

Beautiful set Gerold and you are not the only one who has to cheat with the weather especially along the west coast.;)

I cant help you with your blurries due to me being more than happy with the way I am running in V4.0 and that is where I am staying for the time being.B)

Super shots Gerold.  And I was wondering about the blurries too as I can see a difference in your shots.  Glad I haven't gone from 4.1 to 4.3.  Also, that approach shot, I see you're pulling way back on the stick, the horizontal stabs are almost full up.  :D

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set Gerold and you are not the only one who has to cheat with the weather especially along the west coast.;)

I cant help you with your blurries due to me being more than happy with the way I am running in V4.0 and that is where I am staying for the time being.B)

We all are forced to cheat with west coast weather, as we need to enjoy the full Orbx beauty flying around!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Super shots Gerold.  And I was wondering about the blurries too as I can see a difference in your shots.  Glad I haven't gone from 4.1 to 4.3.  Also, that approach shot, I see you're pulling way back on the stick, the horizontal stabs are almost full up.  :D

It was kind of a steep approach, so I had the plane trimmed for a different angle - and had to manually correct after capturing the glide path...

The move to 4.3 was easy, despite the optical loss. There must be a mistake I have made, but where... :blink:?

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

It was kind of a steep approach, so I had the plane trimmed for a different angle - and had to manually correct after capturing the glide path...

The move to 4.3 was easy, despite the optical loss. There must be a mistake I have made, but where... :blink:?

Thanks Gerold.  Wasn't criticizing my friend.  As for 4.3, I see still too many people with problems so I'll see about 4.4, if there's a 4.4.  I don't update till I'm sure there's no more people with problems.

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Beautiful shots, Gerold. I don't see the blurries you mention though. They look as blurry as mine! ;) Seriously, I don't think they're that blurry, but it depends on your machine, of course.

Thank you Lars. It may just be my impression, and I will check it with many other planes now...

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain.

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

These shots all look pretty darn good on this end Gerold! :D

Thanks Wakashi!

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Mighty fine shots, Gerold. It's funny that you mention blurryness. When I changed from 4.2 to 4.3 I had the impression that my panels look sharper; and I hadn't changed anything in my set-up 

That is indeed funny. It may be some setup stuff we did not realize. BTW, todays flight looked much better, maybe I have tried enough changes :blink:?!

41 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! :)

But what is 4.3? I am still on 4.0! :wacko:

Thanks Paul. I went on to 4.3 to be prepared for the Aerosoft Airbus. Which I will get once the 320 and the SP1 are released...

10 hours ago, antonvs said:

Great set Gerold. As to the blurries there is a post on Avsim about this and it's now 13 pages long.

here's the link: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/538476-ground-textures-gets-more-blurry-the-further-i-fly/?page=13

Happy reading. Cheers.

Thanks a lot Anton! I will have a look - at least it seems I am not the only one with such an impression.

Trouble with loading ground textures I can accept (I do not have a high-end engine), but the VC should always be satisfying.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set Gerold! :)

Not having a problem with 4.3 at this end. Try turning off FXAA in the FS.

Thank you Adam. I´ll give it a try...!

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set Gerold! :)

Not having a problem with 4.3 at this end. Try turning off FXAA in the FS.

Once again thanks for this hint, Adam: That did the trick! Ot may be that p3d changed this setting during the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3, and I did not recognize it while re-adjusting all my previous settings.

Never change a running system.

Archived