KHAF Runway Problem

mauiguy

KHAF runway surface is dirt instead of tarmac. Looking from outside view (shift-S), aircraft bounces along and rocks fly up from the wheels. Once I hit a taxiway, all is good. I have re-installed twice with the same result. I am also using ORBX Northern California and have no other sceneries in the KHAF area.

Order #5a5c3c4553e07

You could try try this trick :

" ..... Please set your "Mesh resolution" to 5m.  I would also recommend you increase your "Texture resolution" to at least 30cm, your "Level of Detail radius" to Large, your "Mesh complexity" to 100, and your "Scenery complexity" to  Extremely DenseIfyou open the user guide from the FTX Central - KHAF page, you will find some pictures near the bottom with therecommended settings (on page 10). "

by Scott.-

• Thanks 1

Thank you for such a quick reply. I just fired up FSX and checked my settings, and they are exactly as directed. Still kicking up rocks on the runway. Taxiways are fine. Flew to San Carlos (ORBX scenery also) and it is also just fine. This is the only airport I have ever experienced this problem. Thanks again for helping.

Gary

Did a search for "KHAF" files. Found one file that was not ORBX and deleted it. Reinstalled KHAF but still no difference. It's not worth the effort to track this down, I think I'll just live with it. Thought there might be a simple fix, but apparently not. Thanks again for helping.

Hi Doug & Nick,

Thinking a little outside the box, is the OP is using SP1 & SP2 or Acceleration. I have seen this from other users of FSX:MS where they have SP1 & SP2 and don't use Acceleration Pack which does not have this problem, something to do with minimum runway width in with FSX SP2 where some underlying default runways are not hardened and kickup rocks and dirt. The trick is to reset the default runway width in ADE to match the PR runway overlay.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 11:13 PM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Doug & Nick,

Thinking a little outside the box, is the OP is using SP1 & SP2 or Acceleration. I have seen this from other users of FSX:MS where they have SP1 & SP2 and don't use Acceleration Pack which does not have this problem, something to do with minimum runway width in with FSX SP2 where some underlying default runways are not hardened and kickup rocks and dirt. The trick is to reset the default runway width in ADE to match the PR runway overlay.

Jeff's advice here may be spot on. My FSX (before I switched to P3D 4) was at SP2 level (I never purchased Acceleration) and a number of sealed runways in non default scenery behaved like they were unsealed (ie kicked up dirt etc). I noticed this particularly in many of the later OZx airports. Eventually it was tracked down to what Jeff pointed out - the issue of minimum runway width in FSX SP2.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha from Maui, Hawaii Nick ~

Just downloaded the file and installed. Ran a test flight at KHAF and all is perfect!! Thank you so much for all of the efforts made on my behalf. It is a joy to be part of such a helpful and caring community.

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 4:45 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks Jeff,

in case mauiguy returns, I have increased the runway width and attach the file.

Back up the original before using this one.

ORBX_KHAF_APX.bgl

Problem is solved. How do I delete this post?

Edited by glj

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks Jeff,

in case mauiguy returns, I have increased the runway width and attach the file.

Back up the original before using this one.

ORBX_KHAF_APX.bgl

Any possible chance of this file still being made available? I have the same problem. EDIT: Nevermind, was able to download it.

Edited by JonP01

• 4 months later...

Hi, I re-installed Orbx KHAF and getting this problem again. Can you please make this file available again? 

I'm using Win 10 Pro and P3D v4.5+.

Thank you.

Edited by glj

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2021 at 12:11 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this may work, I increased the runway width to 50 feet.

ORBX_KHAF_APX.bgl 7.87 kB · 1 download

Hi NIck,

I downloaded the above file but it's a problem again.  The KHAF airport issue was I think resolved early last year before I uninstalled P3D, and it only started being an issue again after I re-installed P3D and KHAF,  and is now an issue again even after replacing the ORBX_KHAF_APX.bgl file you provided above. I backed up the old file by renaming it _ORBX_KHAF_APX.bak. 

I'm using version P3D v4.5.14.34698, True Earth Northern California, and the KHAF installers which I downloaded last month. Please advise. Thank you.

George

Edit (additional info), after replacing the ORBX_KHAF_APX.bgl file, the rocks appear in the first 10-20(?) feet of runway 30, disappears on take-off, but re-appears in the last half of runway 30 (when landing on the runway or if you taxi till the end of the runway).  Weird.  

Edited by glj
Additional info