Prepar3D 4.3 Orbx compatibility

Luquinhas

Hi

Yes Orbx is compatible with P3D 4.3.....please first apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

41 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Yes Orbx is compatible with P3D 4.3.....please first apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you Doug, i am only confused about the FTX Entries, i don't have any other add-ons, it is a fresh install, no other sceneries, how is it supposed to be ?

Hi Doug

Isn't it necessary to reinstal the Global textures or something?  I remember once that when we had to do the upgrade from one version to another we had to reinstall again the Global pack, trees and vector if I remember well.

Isn't this necessary this time? with this upgrade? for being an update and not a version change? Just want to avoid messing it when I am able to get my update.

Best regards

Hi Carlos

Yes, that is correct, except it is not required to reinstall Vector, it's just that Global Base and Trees HD are default texture replacements and not addons, so when you update the sim it overwrites the textures back to default.  :)

Cheers

Doug

On 6/29/2018 at 10:49 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

In that case the FTX entries are left at the top just as in Nick's image..

Doug, sorry, it is me again. I want to install the freeware airports from ORBX Central and the freeware NA/EU aiports. Will i need to change something at the Library Insertion Point ?

Thank you. That is it, i won't install any other scenery.

Hi Doug,

I've just upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3 of P3dV4. Performed the usual uninstall and reinstall of the Client, Content and Scenery components. Immediately after, I noticed what appeared like night textures and random blocks of water appearing in the landscape. After reviewing the above, I've moved the only add-on scenery - FlyTampa Sydney to the top of the library. Note: this includes a FlyTampa LClass file also (should it be placed in a different location?). After moving the FlyTampa Scenery I found that elsewhere (other than Sydney), I wasn't getting the problem, however around Sydney, I still had some night textures in the vicinity of YSSY.  I also read that I need to reinstall FTX Global and Trees. What about FTX AU Australia and NZ along with all the US, UK etc., areas. Do they need to be reinstalled also?

Sounds like a real headache reinstalling most of the Orbx land areas whenever an upgrade occurs to the Sim.

Appreciate the support you provide and look forward to tips on moving forward.

Regards, Paul

On 6/30/2018 at 1:57 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Until recently there were entries for Add-on scenery and doing what you have suggested was possible. But now the Add-on scenery doesn't show, so you cannot specify the last add-on entry.

Screen:

ftxcen.jpg

All my add-on scenery items(quite a few) are at the top of the library in P3Dv4.3

Hello Ron, 

however many times I read 

"FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon

I cannot make it mean "just below the Addon scenery entry" to which you refer.

I made a picture.

Untitled.jpg

and it doesn't mention the addon scenery entry either.

I can't decide if you're speaking to me very slowly because I'm old and stupid or whether I'm being bollocked for not understanding something which is painfully obvious!

The fact remains that the complete scenery library isn't displayed any more. Therefore you can't make a choice of where to insert stuff. 'At the top of the scenery library' sounds to me to be at the top. i.e. above ones add-on sceneries. That would make for a mess wouldn't it?

Hello Ron.

My reply comes with no implications.

Here is one of my scenery libraries that has many addons and it appears as it is.

Untitled.jpg

I would then place the FTX icon just below the lowest of them and the OLC icon just below the FTX icon:

Untitled.jpg

Possibly this is not the case if the addon scenery is added using the P3D xml method but then they

would normally all be at the top in any case.

Or I may have misunderstood again.

Now the smoke is clearing. All my add-on bits and bobs are on another drive and have been added using Lorby's Add-on Organiser. Because I don't see any of them in FTXC. So to be clear, I would simply select the 'At the top of the scenery library' option? 

In a previous life my add-ons were in the root P3D folder. (Netherlands saw a scramble for space and a new SSD)

OK, I think we're all good.

P.S. My tongue was firmly in my cheek. ;)

Hello Ron,

yes, it is a limitation that at the moment, FTX Central doesn't see the xml add on scenery

and I take your point.

In this case though, as you say, at the top will work, as above the "top" will be all the xml addons.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Prepar3D 4.3 Orbx compatibility
2 hours ago, B77X said:

If users are not changing the insertion point from default then Orbx entries go above all your addon airports and that may create issues.

What I gathered from Nick's responses was that because FTXC doesn't SEE the add-on scenery it will automatically place new Orbx stuff at the top of what it SEES as the top. For my part that sounds OK, BUT I will check the Scenery Library to see exactly where it/they do end up.

59 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

What I gathered from Nick's responses was that because FTXC doesn't SEE the add-on scenery it will automatically place new Orbx stuff at the top of what it SEES as the top. For my part that sounds OK, BUT I will check the Scenery Library to see exactly where it/they do end up.

All layers of add-on.xml will be placed above the scenery.cfg layers if you only use the xml method for your other scenery. Lorby's Addon Organizer will help you layer all addons and place layer entries in each add-on.xml

Archived