ORBX ESSA Ground Textures under ground

So I recently got a new computer and finished installing ORBX ESSA and went to try it out. It loads fine and the gorund textures are looking sharp... Except after around 1-2 seconds, the ground disappears under this blurry grey layer and the high quality textures are gone. I cannot seem to find anything related to this, just a bunch people having issues with the terminals but they are working fine for me.

I have tried to reinstall, but not worked. I have tried to disable objectflow, clear shader cache, reinstall the libraries, lower/higher resolution settings, chnage my Scenery cfg location to "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" in my FTXSettings.xml, added " <Config>

<Path>ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_ESSA\scenery</Path>

<Paths>

</Paths>

</Config>" to Orbx_ESSA_FTXGLOBAL_Objectflow.xml, moving the priority up and down and below and over Ftx global base pack in the scenery library, restarted my computer twice and checked for update for both Windows 10 and drivers, I've tried all of this to no avail :(.

My addons are: Reshade, PTA, FTX Global base, FTX ORBX ESSA, the libs, Airport enhancer lite (free version), fsuipc, LINDA, simconnect.

My Specs are: i7 8750h, 1060 6gb, 16gb RAM, 256gb m.2 ssd, 1tb hdd.

Here is what it looks like without objectflow:

psdol50029511.png

First stage of loading (with objectflow):

y1q1gct529511.png

Second stage:

fh3td8b729511.png

Last stage:

ktxh2pa929511.png

I posted on r/flightsim as well as avsim without any response but I was redirected to here so I hope the pros can help me with this one, any help is appreciated!

36 minutes ago, Smudger said:

Hello Razerz, welcome to the forums.

Have you checked your settings in the FTXCentral ESSA Control Panel ?

Thank you very much for both your welcoming and support!

This is what my panel looks like:

ESSA_CONTROLPANEL.thumb.PNG.1e1d5f62508c21d3df249c34de379e1c.PNG

Have an amazing day!

I've found someone with the same issue however I don't see any solution except that objectflow might be "broken"

Update: This issue does not occur when loading in winter! I'm getting somewhere...

Yet another update: This issue only occurs when flying in the summer season. Let's see if I can crack this down.

So the textures aren't under ground then! I saw a post locating the OF_CONFIG.xml in ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery but I don't have it there. However, the person with that issue had p3d v4 and as I have understood it they use of v2 and it's different in a way? Not sure if that matters.

Hello,

I can find only a couple of similar reports and neither seems to have a resolution.

I have asked the developer to take a look at this topic for you.

Objectflow must be working for this and many other products to work, looking at advice

about objectflow in P3D v4 will not help you.

I think that your objectflow is indeed working and that the problem lies elsewhere.

Hi!

I'm the developer. Looks weird for sure.

What version of P3D v3 are you using? I remember there were issues with the ground if not using the latest version of v3, which is 3.4 if I'm not mistaken.

If you are using the latest version, can you please check the following:

- Do you have windsocks present in the scenery? They are also placed with Objectflow, just so we can see if it's really Objectflow or something else that is the issue.

- Which months does it work? There are additional layers with snow in winter months that are controlled by another type of tech so just to be sure the real ground is actually working and you are just not seeing the additional snow layers, it would be great if you can add a few screenshots. Maybe send me just an overview screenshot of say January, June, October so I get a better idea of what sort of chaos we are dealing with ;) 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

What version of P3D v3 are you using? I remember there were issues with the ground if not using the latest version of v3, which is 3.4 if I'm not mistaken.

- Do you have windsocks present in the scenery? They are also placed with Objectflow, just so we can see if it's really Objectflow or something else that is the issue.

- Which months does it work? There are additional layers with snow in winter months that are controlled by another type of tech so just to be sure the real ground is actually working and you are just not seeing the additional snow layers, it would be great if you can add a few screenshots. Maybe send me just an overview screenshot of say January, June, October so I get a better idea of what sort of chaos we are dealing with ;) 

Thanks!

I have p3d v3.3.5, so that's where the issue lies eh? I always thought I had 3.4... I'll update and see what happens!

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

Thanks!

After updating to 3.4, it works! You are a life saver! I also had an issue with the global textures being quite blurry on non addon airports but it looks really good now! A big thank you!!!

1 hour ago, RAZERZ said:

After updating to 3.4, it works! You are a life saver! I also had an issue with the global textures being quite blurry on non addon airports but it looks really good now! A big thank you!!!

Great to hear it works! 

Hope you'll enjoy the scenery and welcome back if there would be any other issues.

Archived