Spotters Paradise

Stillwater

Getting the 789 ready... not in Amsterdam, but - for the short version of this approach - in San Juan / Puerto Rico.

QpenIsH.jpg

Here we go, into the evening.

0zjavsp.jpg

U5TPMaI.jpg

St. Thomas, part of the british tax-avoiders paradise islands. Nearly all superyachts of the world are registered here, in order to make the millonaires a little more happy. I did not get happy with a view onto the default runway and the graphic artefacts rising up in the air.

mNaoHd8.jpg

Bypassing the weather on descend.

1fOl204.jpg

St. Maarten comes into view...

TxCpyLf.jpg

The plane is totally light, which makes it surprisingly sensible to crosswind.

fzabpi5.jpg

The classical spotter pics.

g2mEa9i.jpg

y0NS42l.jpg

Just to proof we survived the landing.

ZseWbGP.jpg

PS: 3rd party scenery is in use to pimp up the destination. It is already on a level that can not be significantly improved by Orbx - so why waste developers time?

According to my logbook, I made my 10th worst landing there in St. Maarten - I hope yours went better. <_< :D Beautiful carribean shots and a beautiful aircraft for sure, even though you cheated and didn't make the trip across the pond. B)

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

PS: 3rd party scenery is in use to pimp up the destination. It is already on a level that can not be significantly improved by Orbx - so why waste developers time?

really nice tour ... and St. Maarten scenery addon seems great...just needs more people on the beach or ... in the water :) (depending your possibly strong arrival flight)

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Just to proof we survived the landing.

jajajajaja  some of my pics are in the same sense of that screen

nice set of pictures remind me to the good old fs9 days and some great videos from those days

On 6/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, BradB said:

Ah , Maho Beach I remember it well ; too bad the KLM 747's don't land there anymore . :):(

Cheers

John

The usual spotter pics are taken in more sunlight, I just planned the flight a little late. For me the lack of real 747 flights is no problem - I don´t have one anyway... ;D

On 6/10/2018 at 4:55 PM, Captain Lars said:

According to my logbook, I made my 10th worst landing there in St. Maarten - I hope yours went better. <_< :D Beautiful carribean shots and a beautiful aircraft for sure, even though you cheated and didn't make the trip across the pond. B)

I do not have such a precise logbook (anymore, since the loss of FSFK). But the feeling while trying to hit the runway was not very safe...

I hope my cheating was not too orritating for you, Mr. Longhaul :wub:.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Ziggy said:

A fine set of shots!!

Thank you, Ziggy.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, paulb said:

Great flight and shots Gerold! I enjoyed your 'spotter' pics! :)

Thanks paul. There could even be some more detailed perspectives of the PeopleFlow, but I surely focused on the plane.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Sniper31 said:

Gerold, wonderful landing into St. Maarten....in your next set are you going to takeoff from there and launch some of the idiots into the sea with you jet wash? :D 

Good idea, Landon. Perhaps I can even create a SpeedoFlow?

On 6/10/2018 at 8:22 PM, lifejogger said:

Very nice landing Gerold and the screenies were excellent.

Thank you John. Though I was not so pleased with this landing...

23 hours ago, jean marc said:

really nice tour ... and St. Maarten scenery addon seems great...just needs more people on the beach or ... in the water :) (depending your possibly strong arrival flight)

Merci Jean marc, you are right the density could be higher. Though... it was already cocktail hour when I arrived. And the final was on idle, so no blowing risk ;)!

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Gerold!  I love those spotter shots as they look exactly like what you see in pictures.  Would love to go there someday.  Are you flying the updated version?

Thank you Jack. Not too far from Atlanta, maybe you even have direct flights?

Sure I did the 787 update, just a few clicks & reinstallations of the liveries. No big deal.

16 hours ago, jotaedo said:

jajajajaja  some of my pics are in the same sense of that screen
nice set of pictures remind me to the good old fs9 days and some great videos from those days

Sometimes you need to prove it for yourself. Or someone else...

The location is famous in sims for so long now... and that video is (still) lovely!

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Haha! Not sure I would want SpeedoFlow in my sim ;) :D I cannot even imagine someone in the sim who has been eating Sawyer's Fish Haggis trolling around in a speedo....I shudder thinking about it....:o

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

The usual spotter pics are taken in more sunlight, I just planned the flight a little late. For me the lack of real 747 flights is no problem - I don´t have one anyway... ;D

I do not have such a precise logbook (anymore, since the loss of FSFK). But the feeling while trying to hit the runway was not very safe...

Thank you, Ziggy.

Thanks paul. There could even be some more detailed perspectives of the PeopleFlow, but I surely focused on the plane.

Thank you John. Though I was not so pleased with this landing...

Merci Jean marc, you are right the density could be higher. Though... it was already cocktail hour when I arrived. And the final was on idle, so no blowing risk ;)!

Sure I did the 787 update, just a few clicks & reinstallations of the liveries. No big deal.

Sometimes you need to prove it for yourself. Or someone else...

The location is famous in sims for so long now... and that video is (still) lovely!

The final landing of the KLM Queen :

We were here in RL in early 2012 , it will always be the coolest experience of my life .

John

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Haha! Not sure I would want SpeedoFlow in my sim ;) :D I cannot even imagine someone in the sim who has been eating Sawyer's Fish Haggis trolling around in a speedo....I shudder thinking about it....:o

I can cook it so there's no ahem, distress Landon.  :P

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Gerold, I read there's been a lot of problems with the update.

Yeah, not too too fat from me, but dealing with those who must not be named in blue at the airport is not my idea of fun.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Don't worry, just take the best out of a flight (takeoff and landing). I keep telling myself that I can do whatever I like while the plane is on cruise, but truth is, I never do much in cruise besides watching tv, or eating, or anything that's not related to work. -_-

On 6/11/2018 at 10:55 PM, BradB said:

The final landing of the KLM Queen :

We were here in RL in early 2012 , it will always be the coolest experience of my life .

John

What a cool video, John. And whatan outstanding impression this must be...

On 6/11/2018 at 11:16 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, I read there's been a lot of problems with the update.

Yeah, not too too fat from me, but dealing with those who must not be named in blue at the airport is not my idea of fun.

I did not read about problems, so maybe that's why I don't see them...

I don't like to meet Lord Voldemorts men, too, but you can work with them...

On 6/14/2018 at 10:53 AM, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of screen shots Gerold  and love the video regards EMM

On 6/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, VH-KDK said:

Enjoyable flight Gerold with some excellent spotters images!

Thanks to you both for the comments. Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation in Italy (drove past Innsbruck airport, which caused some delay as I needed to take pictures ;D).

Archived