Move Orbx Airports to another HD

I know in P3D and FSX there were problems to move the Orbx folder from the Flightsim folder to another HD.

Is it (Will it be) possible to move the Orbx Airports for X-Plane 11 to another HD to save space? The biggest advantage of XP11 is that there are no entries to the registry and a repair of the whole Sim means no new install. Also the airports can be moved out of Custom scenery to another HD and link back to the Custom scenery folder (X-Plane Users know this).

Cheers,

Martin

I see no reason why the Orbx scenery won't behave like all others in X-Plane - you can use folder aliases on the Mac and whatever the equivalent is in Win/Lin. I have Ortho folders setup like this on an external drive when I use them.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Nick,

making a normal link doesn't work with FTX Central. For normal X-Plane sceneries it works. That the scenery is recognized by FTX Central I have to create this symlink.

Only difference to P3D is, that there only was one "Orbx" folder to "symlink" and in XP11 I must make a simlink for every Orbx scenery folder.

But now the big Orbx sceneries can come.;)

Regards,
Martin

Archived