The Queen of Saba

After I found out that COCO, the airport of Barbuda Island, has been impacted by slight flooding (even after repeated use of the Vector elevation correction), I chose a fallback plane to continue my carribbean tour. Not the Queen, and for a reason you´ll see later.

5BeABX9.jpg

Oh, what a tropical loveland.

uoJlkbF.jpg

sQwP0p4.jpg

Saint Kitts. Makes a very good impression to me!

ho56VjJ.jpg

i3W3mxu.jpg

But for my destination of today I wanted to try some old payware...

g20PbDq.jpg

Uuuuh, that runway looks like a challenge. Now it is clear why I did not use the Queen...

K8ronuH.jpg

Borderline. With glowing brakes.

8pQZyOF.jpg

After seeing the pleasures of many orbyfied airports I can say this one does not reach the Orbx level. Sometimes you have to test the cherries in neighbours garden to find out where you could have stayed.

NYP0e24.jpg

PS: if you wonder what the post title refers to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Königin_von_Saba

A wonderful flight Gerold, that doesn't with you on a runway under water ;) The problem for me and non-Orbx airports is the PeopleFlow...I am so used to that now, that non-Orbx airfields feel dead...it's weird...that used to always be the case, but PeopleFlow has really changed the 'feel' of simming for me, albeit in a very subtle way.

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

A wonderful flight Gerold, that doesn't with you on a runway under water ;) The problem for me and non-Orbx airports is the PeopleFlow...I am so used to that now, that non-Orbx airfields feel dead...it's weird...that used to always be the case, but PeopleFlow has really changed the 'feel' of simming for me, albeit in a very subtle way.

You have a good point Landon, we take it for granted but it really is cool to look at!

Wonderful screenshots, Gerold. You can't live on Orbx places only. We have to make concessions. For your purpose of leaving this place you could find no better plane. It reminds me of Norfolk Island actually, which has been flooded at least in FS2002 and FS2004, I can't remember FSX...

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Super nice GErold, especially the 4th one.  And SABA is one place I'd like to visit.  I'm reading the John Ringo zombie apocalypse books now and he has his characters go to SABA and the entire Caribbean.

Hard to believe that you actually find the time to read anything else than the forums!

Just now, Captain Lars said:

Wonderful screenshots, Gerold. You can't live on Orbx places only. We have to make concessions. For your purpose of leaving this place you could find no better plane. It reminds me of Norfolk Island actually, which has been flooded at least in FS2002 and FS2004, I can't remember FSX...

Hard to believe that you actually find the time to read anything else than the forums!

Lars, you would not believe how many hobbies I have, and having so many can be stressful in itself.  This place is my way to relax though.

I can list 'em if ya like...:D

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Lars, you would not believe how many hobbies I have, and having so many can be stressful in itself.  This place is my way to relax though.

I can list 'em if ya like...:D

Oh oh..Mr. Kotter! I know one.!!.....

You LOVE yard work :D:D

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hey Landon, I saw on the internet news about those fires in Colorado, are they near you?  Be safe.

They are well south of where I am Jack, nothing to worry about for me. They are down near the Arizona state line, so those folks down there need all the well wishing :) 

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

They are well south of where I am Jack, nothing to worry about for me. They are down near the Arizona state line, so those folks down there need all the well wishing :) 

I hope they put them out soon.  Be well.

Gerold the Boy Scout, always prepared.;)

This time with his amphibian plane just in case the sea level has risen another 10 feet overnight.:o

Wonderful set Gerold and it is always nice to have non ORBX locations and I do have a few in the Caribbean which I have yet to install.

Some interesting info about an opera I have never heard of.

I thought you were talking about the old Saba Furniture Warehouse in Dandenong that went table legs up in the late 80s.:o

27 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

That is good for you anyway Landon:) but I hope they can put those fires out quickly.:(

Excellent flight and screenshots Gerold! :)

Saint Kitts does look very inviting in your 4th shot. It's nice to see the Catalina too. Such a beautiful airplane and so well suited to your shots.

Beautiful trip Gerold .... and happy to learn something about this opera I didn' know

but...

Not the Queen, and for a reason you´ll see later.

well for me it is still a mystery :banghead: :blink:

FYI another non ftx scenery around which is quite fine is "TAHITI AND SOCIETY ISLANDS" for FSX P3D

and in Solomon Islands by Emerald Design :"KAGHAU AIRPORT FOR FSX/P3D " and "AGGV Suavanao v1.2.3"

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Super nice GErold, especially the 4th one.  And SABA is one place I'd like to visit.  I'm reading the John Ringo zombie apocalypse books now and he has his characters go to SABA and the entire Caribbean.

Thank you Jack! St. Kitts & Nevis look indeed great in FTXG. The little pimp-up of the last one was just to check what´s out there...

22 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

You are totally right Landon, we are used to the ever-improving Orbx standard. 

22 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you Lars. We must not expect that orbx covers the entire globe, even though we are quite pleased with quality & service. And ... there should be some space for other vendors to live!

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Gerold the Boy Scout, always prepared.;)

This time with his amphibian plane just in case the sea level has risen another 10 feet overnight.:o

Wonderful set Gerold and it is always nice to have non ORBX locations and I do have a few in the Caribbean which I have yet to install.

Some interesting info about an opera I have never heard of.

I thought you were talking about the old Saba Furniture Warehouse in Dandenong that went table legs up in the late 80s.:o

Correct Martyn, the choice of plane was done to cover uncertain flooding.

Isn´t it a pleasure to still have some uninstalled stuff in the backyard - which therefore is undiscovered in 64 bit performance?

Sorry to say my memories do not cover the famous furniture warehouses in the Dandenongs. Some gaps I have to live with, I fear.

15 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful shots Gerold , i like the plane a lot :)

Thanks Mikee. Slow & steady - and pretty!

14 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight and screenshots Gerold! :)

Saint Kitts does look very inviting in your 4th shot. It's nice to see the Catalina too. Such a beautiful airplane and so well suited to your shots.

Thank you Paul. Indeed St Kitts is well done in FTXG. A pity I did not have time enough to check every airport in this tropical paradise!

6 hours ago, jean marc said:

Beautiful trip Gerold .... and happy to learn something about this opera I didn' know

but...

well for me it is still a mystery :banghead: :blink:

Thank you Jean Marc. Surprising to read the plot of the opera is similar to Verdi´s Aida...

I would have needed the 747SP to have a chance on Saba´s runway, and even this only with the reversers on BEFORE touchdown!

Archived