Another Day in Paradise

Today I did another quick rush over the carribbean islands, just to learn the locations and how they basically look. Quite interesting to see the differences, and clouds and sea were a pleasure to watch. Out of Barbados...

UpIUUCX.jpg

OyaYJYX.jpg

... over Saint Lucia...

vmC9q71.jpg

X37jT8C.jpg

... towards Martinique. That island looks great, with many coves and mountains.

RqfMWBA.jpg

PWdg4lc.jpg

Dominica is not looking bad either...

L4nkFlJ.jpg

6xlkc9S.jpg

... and Antigua is famous enough as well.

c2w38WW.jpg

My destination for today was Coco Island, just randomly chosen between the many options around - and unfortunate flat.

RIEajC8.jpg

Approaching the COCO runway we see that global warming is no legend and a real danger to these islands...

bQrgTWX.jpg

... at least wave animations work and the brakes are properly cooled :ph34r:.

8rKoNXt.jpg

Well just as long as someone is making money out of it Gerold Global Warming is no problem.:rolleyes:

I see that it is also taking over some of the beach front hotels in Saint Lucia too.:o

An enjoyable flight looking at all of these tropical islands.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots GErold and story about the last couple.  I would have loved to see you fly real low around those islands, I'll need to go there soon and do that, if I can remember. :wacko:

Sorry to have created another flight idea for you, Jack. Though... isn´t that the purpose of this forum?

Be careful, there are no bridges!

4 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Nice shots.  :)  That runway supposed to be like that??? :o

Thanks Caleb. I would not expect that, given the communicated runway length...

I have run the vector tool again today and it stays unchanged.

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Gerold ! Thank you for the tour :)

Thank you Mikee!

22 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

No global warming Gerold, just high tides...when the airport is closed.... Did you miss that sign?

Ah, you mean it is like Barra, Fred? In that case ATC was unaware, and the sign was either flooded or forgotten in openLC :D!

17 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well just as long as someone is making money out of it Gerold Global Warming is no problem.:rolleyes:

I see that it is also taking over some of the beach front hotels in Saint Lucia too.:o

An enjoyable flight looking at all of these tropical islands.

I can see whats behind your first sentence, Martyn, but I don´t like that... It seems to be there are only centimeters to keep this (virtual) islands safe.

There were some more buildings like these hotels on some of the islands. Seems to be a common problem around. But, hey, in Venice or Dubai you pay for locations that can be reached by boat only!

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Ah, you mean it is like Barra, Fred? In that case ATC was unaware, and the sign was either flooded or forgotten in openLC :D!

Correct......Barra Scotland, the only (?) airport with a natural sand runway operated by a commercial airliner company.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Sorry to have created another flight idea for you, Jack. Though... isn´t that the purpose of this forum?

Be careful, there are no bridges!

That's okay Gerold, would be good for a submarine or the Norwegian Pearl cruise liner! 

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Pretty neat, water cooled brakes, what will they think of next. :D  Fantastic set Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam. Luckily the water did not cause an additional brake effect.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Another great flight Gerold! Perhaps you should have been flying an amphibian? :D

Thank Paul. If only I knew in advance about this little landing confusion...;)

6 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Amazing landscapes and really great looking clouds. And a very stylish plane you are flying here. Floats or tundra tires would have been a better choice for landing, though. :rolleyes:;)

Thank you Lars. Tundra tires could be a good alternative for this runway... but the corresponding planes are a bit too slow for this flight distance (and the time I had to spend) B).

Archived