My first Dreamliner flight

... was from VABB Chhatrapati Shivaji, (Mumbai) with Air India, departure at 02:00 in the night. The real situation has a lot more light & ground traffic than the sim - showing the real India can´t be simulated!

GnwbFge.jpg

Py40YGS.jpg

Ready to go on the 26...

tRLuJZW.jpg

... and we´re off.

TrZCE5i.jpg

Looking back to the airports...

wfFRt9a.jpg

... and over the Ocean.

lXDMeIT.jpg

IAonlaR.jpg

Displays are configured...

1WWHBSD.jpg

... and the routing is done.

lFfc0Hi.jpg

Be flexible.

MhWeJsW.jpg

Thailand, we come.

wVYsaoy.jpg

Initiating the complex approach pattern.

6fFWLyj.jpg

KL7Z8Zg.jpg

Ready to capture the LOC, with VTBS Suvarnabhumi, (Bangkok) slightly left of us.

PXlO9PB.jpg

Captured & established.

Dq83fWW.jpg

VDK6kg5.jpg

Safe.

ROTwLDj.jpg

Unboarding. You can be sure after such a short flight at that daytime, everyone on the plane is tired.

thwMHLN.jpg

So let´s fine a good place to relax here...

FeNb0FY.jpg

A great bird, and - without checking any malfunctions - it works fine. Currently I only miss the weather upload, but I´ll surely test a bit more soon (on shorter flights...).

Very impressive Dreamliner shots, Gerold! I have a version of Mumbai that's very slow with dynamic lighting on and doesn't even show the landing lights on the runway which kinda adds an extra challenge to landing. Perhaps you have a nicer one.

India is difficult to simulate, I'd say - but I'll refrain from any jokes about Ganges flow or the likes... :rolleyes: I catched a flight from Tegel to D'dorf yesterday (in RL) and saw the dreamliners not only of ANA, but also of JAL, so you can choose now if you want to go to Tokio in a blue or in a white plane.

Me Four? Not this black duck, too complex for my addled brain, I shall stick to my freeware one!:lol::lol::lol:

It does look impressive though

What a glorious set Gerold and it is getting harder to tell the difference between RL and FSim in some cases.

Where was the last RL image taken, I don't recognise it.:huh:

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

An incredible flight Gerold, awesome set of shots! 

Thank you Landon. Incredible it was in both modes: Real as well as this simmed one.

20 hours ago, mikee said:

Impressive Shots Gerold , well done :)

Thanks Mikee, I was happy to get the bird started & landed without trouble!

20 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Very impressive Dreamliner shots, Gerold! I have a version of Mumbai that's very slow with dynamic lighting on and doesn't even show the landing lights on the runway which kinda adds an extra challenge to landing. Perhaps you have a nicer one.

India is difficult to simulate, I'd say - but I'll refrain from any jokes about Ganges flow or the likes... :rolleyes: I catched a flight from Tegel to D'dorf yesterday (in RL) and saw the dreamliners not only of ANA, but also of JAL, so you can choose now if you want to go to Tokio in a blue or in a white plane.

I am also not too pleased with my Mumbai version, the taxiways are confusing and the jetways static. Light should also be much more as well as the ground traffic... But at least the terminal buildings reflect current RL state.

So you´ll be joining the dreamliner fraction in short time? As you are familiar with the 777, it will not take you too long to get her flying - and once in the air you can use the same procedures.

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

This is a great post indeed Gerald. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you Iain!

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good Gerold and well done.  Again, with the mix of real and sim it's always so interesting.  I love the look of this cockpit and it's on my to buy list now.

Thanks for the compliment Jack. I just took some pictures that were on my HDD, though there would be more approach shots somewhere...

It is a worthwhile placeholder on the wishlist, get her whenever you like it (or a sale comes across)...

19 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent set.

TTM

Thank you TTM!

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Okay, that first shot has to be a Photograph!!!!!!   Awesome shots!!!!!!!!!

You are right with the first shot, John. It is always a pleasure for me to simulate what I have seen before... or the other way round!

15 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Every shot is a surprise while scrolling down.

Thanks for sharing

-Fred-

This is one of the greatest compliments I ever heard, Fred. Motivation for some future posts!

13 hours ago, boetie said:

Thanks for sharing these Gerold. I have been thinking about getting the QW 787, I think you've convinced me :)

CheerscGraeme

You´re welcome Graeme...! And like the schedule of 787 flights grows in real life, it will do in the sim!

PS: Yes, she works & looks fine.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Me too Graeme! 

:)

12 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Me absolutely "three". Well done Gerold.:)

Thank you Karl, I am not getting paid by QW and it can be a risk to make recommendations, but I think the screenshots show what you can expect.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Me Four? Not this black duck, too complex for my addled brain, I shall stick to my freeware one!:lol::lol::lol:

It does look impressive though

There is a "ready to fly mode" as well somewhere hidden in the panel states, and you can simply copy flight plans from the p3d-internal flight planner (or from plan-G). But I´ll use her hardcore, which works and is satisfying to me.

What a glorious set Gerold and it is getting harder to tell the difference between RL and FSim in some cases.

I have felt the same while composing this set. Isn´t that a pleasure?

Where was the last RL image taken, I don't recognise it.:huh:

Sure you have been near there already, Martyn... it was probably taken from a Thai Airways lounge.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Over the top set there Gerold, great job! :)

Thank you, Adam!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold and a tremendous set of shots! :) I like the comparison in your first two shots.

Thanks Paul. You know I love these comparisons as well!

17 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I am also not too pleased with my Mumbai version, the taxiways are confusing and the jetways static. Light should also be much more as well as the ground traffic... But at least the terminal buildings reflect current RL state.

So you´ll be joining the dreamliner fraction in short time? As you are familiar with the 777, it will not take you too long to get her flying - and once in the air you can use the same procedures.

OK, it looks very good. Should I buy it? I've read on their homepage that it features an integrated electronic flight bag, is this true?

Archived