A dream I have dreamed for quite some time...

Got her starting cold & dark, batteries and ground power running, intialisations ongoing, ezdok cameras adjusted. Only the weather is not as good as in my 2015 RL flight.

gVAII2R.jpg

x6VI9Zu.jpg

To be continued. Once I got her in the air...

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Great short story Gerold! 

Indeed, really short. No time for commercials, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

They better not let you in the cockpit on your next flight or who know what will happen!

Yes, you know. And you´ll see!

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Gerold!  How "deep" is it?  Is it like some study level planes?

Jack, I am not deep enough to make a judgement. The tutorials are long...

It appears much more detailed than the 757, and so far I can use a lot of knowledge of the PMDG 777. It will take a week before I can report better.

Just now, Stillwater said:

Jack, I am not deep enough to make a judgement. The tutorials are long...

It appears much more detailed than the 757, and so far I can use a lot of knowledge of the PMDG 777. It will take a week before I can report better.

Thanks Gerold, that was what I was wondering, how it compared to PMDG.

Compared to PMDG  ........... I wouldn't put it as study level, but having said that, it's certainly nudging at that door.  Having got Majestic, PMDG, FSL and Leonardo in my hanger I'm more than happy to add the Qualitywings 787.  It gives an excellent insight of the modern day aircraft cockpits.  I'm happy to recommend it.

Currently there is a "but".  With it being new to the P3d V4 platform there are a few annoying problems with.  Reading the QualityWings forums it's obvious the devs are onto the problems and I'm confident that in due course it will become problem free.  

Go buy it  .....

Bruce R 

2 hours ago, Bruce R said:

Compared to PMDG  ........... I wouldn't put it as study level, but having said that, it's certainly nudging at that door.  Having got Majestic, PMDG, FSL and Leonardo in my hanger I'm more than happy to add the Qualitywings 787.  It gives an excellent insight of the modern day aircraft cockpits.  I'm happy to recommend it.

Currently there is a "but".  With it being new to the P3d V4 platform there are a few annoying problems with.  Reading the QualityWings forums it's obvious the devs are onto the problems and I'm confident that in due course it will become problem free.  

Go buy it  .....

Bruce R 

Thanks Bruce, it's on my radar now!  It's an amazing plane.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful looking plane Gerold.

Good luck learning how to operate it too.:)

Thank you Martyn. I´ll do it the hard way, start cold & dark and convert the tutorials into a checklist. At least the air-condition and the communication with the galley already work!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Way to go Gerold, you'll be in the air in no time! :D

Not so sure, Adam, it is the lack of sim time (too much life... or is that more a positive thing?).

9 hours ago, paulb said:

It looks interesting Gerold! Great airplane! :)

Thanks Paul. I am sure you will get lots of views & reports with this plane soon.

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shot Gerold!!!!!!!!!!

:)! BTW... which one do you mean...:D?

On 5/28/2018 at 11:10 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, that was what I was wondering, how it compared to PMDG.

I got her in the air today, and I can say the normal procedures are very similar to the PMDG. I had to adapt a lot in preflight, but from taxiing all can be done the same way as in the 777. It was a pleasure to fly & land.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:10 AM, Bruce R said:

Go buy it  .....

Bruce R 

I was not so confident with the CG calculation and fueling. But for the first flight it worked...

Do you know how to get the weather data into the FMS?

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I got her in the air today, and I can say the normal procedures are very similar to the PMDG. I had to adapt a lot in preflight, but from taxiing all can be done the same way as in the 777. It was a pleasure to fly & land.

Leaning closer and closer, but I'm gonna wait for another revision cycle first as my plate is already full.  But gosh do I like what Boeing has wrought!

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Do you know how to get the weather data into the FMS?

Gerold, from what I can gather this is not a function yet.  See this question that was asked on the QualityWings forum.  It seems they may consider it in the future.  I've also included the QualityWings forum in the off chance you haven't had a browse around there. 

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/winds-aloft-simulation-answered_topic10122.html

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/forums.html

Regards

Bruce R

Archived