KSAN crashes

May, 28, 2018
Concerning ORBX KSAN v.110 crashes 

Hi,

I recently bought the  above software only to experience the trouble many others before me had also.

Running any aircraft on runways and taxiways suddenly at certain places the sim crashes.

Up to now I have not found a solution in the ORBX forums ore elsewhere.

Here is what I tried myself:

I run P3D v.3.4 with good framerates, even with complex sceneries.

Before ORBX KSAN I had installed and running without problems Global Base pack and Southern California and the LatinVFR San Diego scenery.  The latter one was deinstalled before installing ORBX KSAN.

The crashes reminded me of similar crash events mostly caused by freeware sceneries, which were called " Crash with hidden objects", mostly caused by .bgl-files.

So I did the following:
- deinstalling all add-on sceneries of the Southern California region, this means pure P3D scenery. the KSAN airport now not realistic, buildings and other stuff near the runway! Airplane crashes, when hitting an building (of course!)

- Installing  ORBX Southern California.....better scenery... no problems

- Installing Global base pack.......no problems

- Installing LatinVFR KSAN.....nice airport.......no problems. This one uninstalled

- Installing ORBX KSAN.....nice airport.......CRASHES at exactly the SAME PLACES  where pure P3D scenery does.

- Deactivating Crash-detection inside P3D then ORBX KSAN runs without problems (not a definite solution!!)

My conclusion so far is, that ORBX KSAN destroys the priority of sceneries. How this happens, I don´t know.

As I have read many, many forum contributions about this issue and following developers hints, I can say: this is very annoying and not standard ORBX quality.

How about a working update ?

Greetings from Germany
Rolf

The recommendation for all ORBX sceneries is to turn off the crash detection, as it is unrealistic in its operation.  Modern airports such as KSAN are so complex it is virtually impossible to eliminate all crash boxes for all objects.  Therefore the easiest quickest and most relaistic and effective solution is to disable crash detection.

It's an interesting point though, if the crashes are indeed "at exactly the SAME PLACES  where pure P3D scenery does"

and the default buildings are not there.

Most customers who have complained of crashes have reported that the simulator stops working, not that the aircraft crashes

and the simulator resets itself.

52/5000

Hello guys.

I also have problems with KSAN, but of another type. I have a good hardware and I snoop P3D v3.4 with 30 fps normally, however in the approaches in KSAN my fps fall to 10/12 fps. I note that the original P3D scenarios of large airports like KJFK also make FPS drop a lot, while large and complex ORBX airports, but which were developed more recently, do not have this problem. Does anyone explain this?

Archived