The carribean ACB, completed

As you may remember, in the ABC islands C followed on A, Willemstad on Curacao island.

I fear the stills are not for Curacao liquor, but for less tasty spirits :blink:.

J7aVY0s.jpg

81G66Nq.jpg

And after C the next letter in the alphabet is B: Bonaire.

u6OISnz.jpg

Another optical disappointment in the sim. 

ImL3CUn.jpg

So I chose to leave the islands and check the SA mainland again.

iEt3vhD.jpg

Crossing the sea towards...

gg3kXbE.jpg

... Caracas, ...

H0nQilC.jpg

t5nFpto.jpg

... and going inland over Ciudad Simon Bolivar, at the banks of Orinoco river.

ncZgvP8.jpg

Lago Guri in the background - simply gigantic. Number 5 by volume of the biggest artificial reservoirs on earth https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embalse_de_Guri .

N6sT7Vv.jpg

THIS is how I expect open LC to impress me. Which was not always the case on my tour yet.

4pmsljg.jpg

Turning in...

QBj6Cd3.jpg

... towards Canaima. The starting point for another wilderness tour.

P6m7LkD.jpg

Caliente, Gerold... Impressive shots although the caribbean landscape doesn't impress so much. I'm looking forward of your next trip into the wilderness. Manaus, maybe? Or some remote location in Maduro's realm? This and the pictures of the GOL 737 remind me of the case of the 737 that landed in the jungle because the pilots achieved to fly in the wrong direction. They were bound for Belém (direction north) but flew to the west, against the setting sun (!!!) until it went dark and they started to ask themselves were the city could be...

Well Gerold, sometimes exploration has to be accomplished in less dazzling regions...such is the life of an intrepid explorer such as yourself ;) I do agree, that third to last shot however is a diamond in the rough :) 

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Caliente, Gerold... Impressive shots although the caribbean landscape doesn't impress so much. I'm looking forward of your next trip into the wilderness. Manaus, maybe? Or some remote location in Maduro's realm? This and the pictures of the GOL 737 remind me of the case of the 737 that landed in the jungle because the pilots achieved to fly in the wrong direction. They were bound for Belém (direction north) but flew to the west, against the setting sun (!!!) until it went dark and they started to ask themselves were the city could be...

Thanks Lars, it will not be Manaus... interesting story of the 737: How could anyone mix up north and west given the sun was shining? Nevertheless finding a suitable place to land in the jungle would be hard... :wacko:

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Gerold, sometimes exploration has to be accomplished in less dazzling regions...such is the life of an intrepid explorer such as yourself ;) I do agree, that third to last shot however is a diamond in the rough :) 

Thanks for your kind word, Landon, they help a bit. We are all looking for the diamonds, but orbx has given us too many of them...:D

21 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Lars, it will not be Manaus... interesting story of the 737: How could anyone mix up north and west given the sun was shining? Nevertheless finding a suitable place to land in the jungle would be hard... :wacko:

Thanks for your kind word, Landon, they help a bit. We are all looking for the diamonds, but orbx has given us too many of them...:D

The Airline (Varig?) had introduced a new format in the way they indicate headings in their flightplans, four digits (1234 for 123.4 degree, I think) instead of just three, and the pilots interpreted "0270" for heading 270 when 027.0 was meant. It were the times when such things were entered manually into the FMC / AP. There were survivors that reached a native settlement. It was in Rio Xingu area iirc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varig_Flight_254

Excellent set Gerold and a very nice livery on the Caravan especially the "o" in tropical.

Some spectacular mountain scenery at your destination to make up for all of those boring bikini clad beach beauties on the islands.:o>:D:wub:

11 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

The Airline (Varig?) had introduced a new format in the way they indicate headings in their flightplans, four digits (1234 for 123.4 degree, I think) instead of just three, and the pilots interpreted "0270" for heading 270 when 027.0 was meant. It were the times when such things were entered manually into the FMC / AP. There were survivors that reached a native settlement. It was in Rio Xingu area iirc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varig_Flight_254

Interesting read, Lars. Thanks for the link!

11 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

This is a top-of-the-line choice of shots from a beautiful summer flight!

Thank you Bermuda!

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent set Gerold! It looks a beautiful day to be flying :)

You are right Paul, the weather is not too boring in the area currently - and not too cloudy either.

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Gerold and a very nice livery on the Caravan especially the "o" in tropical.

Some spectacular mountain scenery at your destination to make up for all of those boring bikini clad beach beauties on the islands.:o>:D:wub:

Thank you Martyn. The cocnut looks like the cherry on the cake, indeed.

At a certain age we all have to decide between looking at stony mesh or that one of the softer material :ph34r::D.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Martyn. The cocnut looks like the cherry on the cake, indeed.

At a certain age we all have to decide between looking at stony mesh or that one of the softer material :ph34r::D.

From the sound of things we reach that point at different ages.:huh:

Maybe it is something they put in your tap water Gerold, I would start drinking something else before it is too late.;)

54 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They look nice Gerold, maybe someday Orbx will work on the Caribbean. 

Thanks Jack. For the time being I´ll have to look for the numerous freeware. Though I´d prefer to have a "one click fits all" solution from our preferred provider... B)

Archived