Starting a little alphabetic tour: From C to A...

After some days of adventure travel we found a plane to take us out of C: Cartagena, Colombia.

PrcFJbc.jpg

vI7Z2ao.jpg

Not so lovely weather over Barranquilla reduced the onboard services even further. Quite a bumpy ride...

00XLn85.jpg

We had to climb surprisingly high over this Sierra Nevada, and the pistons were not amused by that.

MBnR3O0.jpg

But finally we made it safely. With a view to something looking like green colombian MacDonnell ranges.

bqMcKq2.jpg

Here we go for a stopover in Maracaibo.

W9qGRAz.jpg

5qA8lHW.jpg

Here we go again after the slight plane change.

g2gGOVC.jpg

SjhLIE5.jpg

Some nice coastal mountains seen from the office.

ar1ksM8.jpg

The caribbean coast...

TTV0iLN.jpg

L5L0xWk.jpg

This is Punto Pijo, located on the strangely shaped Peninsula de Paraguana.

JeHTgQY.jpg

Much smaller than this peninsula, but far better known is our todays destination: A like Aruba.

W0XuCia.jpg

Oranjestad airport in "default" FTX Global. As being part of the Netherlands I expected the island to be in TrueEarth, by chance it is not!

Vs9zoVq.jpg

RgohWM3.jpg

Some really good shots you got there, Gerold. Aruba is not in NLTE because it's already in the song, of course... or because they meant the Netherlands, not the Kingdom of the Netherlands, of which the Netherlands are a part... B):rolleyes:

Wonderful images Gerold, you should have had the turboprop for climbing over the mountains and the DC-3 for the flatter flight.:huh:

Or was it that the Aruban authorities wouldn't let you in with that old bone shaker.:o;):lol:

15 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Quite a variety of good looking shots Gerold, well done!

Thank you Landon. I wish there would be more POIs depicted in the sceneries down here.

15 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Some really good shots you got there, Gerold. Aruba is not in NLTE because it's already in the song, of course... or because they meant the Netherlands, not the Kingdom of the Netherlands, of which the Netherlands are a part... B):rolleyes:

Thanks, Lars. Totally surprising Aruba is not part of NLTE, yet :D.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Gerold, you should have had the turboprop for climbing over the mountains and the DC-3 for the flatter flight.:huh:

Or was it that the Aruban authorities wouldn't let you in with that old bone shaker.:o;):lol:

You nail it, Martyn. The dutch authorities already had a problem to let a non-KLM bird landing in Aruba, not to mention the DC-3...>:D

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots and flight Gerold! I enjoyed your narrative :)

You´re welcome, Paul. I am hoping for some sunshine on my next flights, and I will most probably not have to climb over hills then.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wonderful as usual Gerold, thanks for all these SA posts as it'll be a while before I can explore this huge continent.  They're always so interesting with your narrative like Martyn does.

Thanks for these words, Jack - Martyns geo-info is unbeatable, but I try to give some hints for other pilots.

Archived