Papers for the postboxes

Leaving the Galapagos islands means another some-100-miles trip, so I needed to take a slightly bigger transport vehicle with deliveries for the numerous postbox companies up there in Panama.

WmZgv0y.jpg

k03du3U.jpg

Takes some time over the Pacific...

O0shs1K.jpg

What is this ball just above the horizon?

2h50JaY.jpg

The south tip of Panama in sight!

OGHG924.jpg

QI2jYE7.jpg

Downwind...

tBirtO1.jpg

... on base...

XbaUvx9.jpg

... and Tocumen Intl. Airport ahead, with Panama city in the background.

6EGXP8L.jpg

Time to unload the papers for Panama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers. In darkness, of course, just fitting to the darkness of the paperwork towards the tax authorities... :wacko:

r5d0a1h.jpg

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

No you're have a lend of me, I thought that was the domain of us commoners.:lol:

I trust you have always been paying taxes as working people do, Martyn. Makes for good Karma!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Nearly forgot, some beautiful images here as the sun goes down.;)

I was somewhat lucky in the choice of the flight´s start time. This time just by chance, with no touch of calculation!

27 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I trust you have always been paying taxes as working people do, Martyn. Makes for good Karma!

I don't get a sinking feeling when one of those official letters with the window in it arrives.:)

I also sleep easy except on those occasions when the wife has a hammer under her pillow, then I sleep with one eye open.:o:ph34r::ph34r:

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very cool Gerold, quite a long flight it seems but just 100 miles you say?  That's barely a flight for this behemoth.

Sorry for confusing you Jack, when I wrote "some-100-miles" I meant some of hundereds. In fact it is over 900 for this flight.

3 hours ago, adambar said:

That C-17 is a little overkill for 100 miles I would say Gerold! :D

The C-17 is very handy and still has some space to carry a bottle of beer! And, as said above, the distance is about 900 miles.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I don't get a sinking feeling when one of those official letters with the window in it arrives.:)

I also sleep easy except on those occasions when the wife has a hammer under her pillow, then I sleep with one eye open.:o:ph34r::ph34r:

Our fate, Martyn, the taxmen are less dangerous than closer relatives.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! I like the dusk shots :)

Thank you Paul. Just the magic of p3d and as16!

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Gerold the shots of night lighting look good regards EMM

Thanks Stewart, I was lucky with the timing of the flight!

Archived