From the altitude of Quito down to Guayaquil - with Imgur airlines

It sounded to be an easy task for the engines to fly down from about 9000 ft (Quito) to about 0 ft altitude (Guayaquil). So we got ready for that little commuter flight in a trusty DC-3 in a regional paint...

iqi3126.jpg

... but climbing out of the valley already brought the engines to their limits!

UaSpfse.jpg

El Cotopaxi hidden behind the clouds...

NHDnvTk.jpg

... as well as the Chimborazo.

ouXo0Tj.jpg

Finally a chance to cool the engines while descending to follow Rio Babanhoyo...

YIpeJn2.jpg

... towards Guayaquil.

FaYUxh1.jpg

RRR8nLz.jpg

Very uncomfortable how I use Imgur today: For each individual picture I created the BBcode and copied them all separately. Is there a better way?

1 minute ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shot!!!!  I used imgur on my last post and it worked out  just fine.

I have exteded the post a bit, John, with lots of single copy-pastes. At least you should have another look...

Real nice pix!  :)

I like my Flickr for my flying pix, partly because I can load directly from Lightroom to Flickr and then have nice albums for each flight on there too.  Still have to copy the BBCode for each to the forum for posting though.

18 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

El Cotopaxi hidden behind the clouds...

Very pleasant travel -  I love particulary the one of Cotopaxi with the elegant DC3 profile - Thank you Gerold !!! :huh:

21 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Very uncomfortable how I use Imgur today: For each individual picture I created the BBcode and copied them all separately. Is there a better way?

No answer as I use this way also... :unsure:

Beautiful images and story Gerold.:)

I am using Imgur too and I have to do the same.:huh:

I bit easier now that I have finally worked out how to get the BBC code but still have to do individually.:rolleyes:

Oh well better than nothing.;)

Very nice shots Gerold, it is always surprising how high altitude drains the power of those standard engines! As for Imgur, it was my first experience with it with the Timkenumo post. I had to paste every single shot individually and make a note of what the image contains since Imgur changes the name of the file to something that says absolutely nothing. Then I realized that there was also a possibility of posting the same shot twice. So I selected the preview post in Orbx to check out that everything was fine. I prefer the old way with fsfiles.org, much quickier with less chance of making a mistake...!^_^

3 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very nice shots Gerold, it is always surprising how high altitude drains the power of those standard engines! As for Imgur, it was my first experience with it with the Timkenumo post. I had to paste every single shot individually and make a note of what the image contains since Imgur changes the name of the file to something that says absolutely nothing. Then I realized that there was also a possibility of posting the same shot twice. So I selected the preview post in Orbx to check out that everything was fine. I prefer the old way with fsfiles.org, much quickier with less chance of making a mistake...!^_^

Regardless François, I always preview a post and make sure there are no glaring errors.

I have had the same problem with Imgur by posting the same image twice.

Fsfiles are much easier and better for me and also it is what I am used to.

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shot!!!!  I used imgur on my last post and it worked out  just fine.

Thank you John - also for confirming you work the same way...!

18 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

Real nice pix!  :)

I like my Flickr for my flying pix, partly because I can load directly from Lightroom to Flickr and then have nice albums for each flight on there too.  Still have to copy the BBCode for each to the forum for posting though.

Interesting info, Buffy. Though... if you have to copy each BBCode separately it does not seem much easier with flickr.

18 hours ago, jean marc said:

Very pleasant travel -  I love particulary the one of Cotopaxi with the elegant DC3 profile - Thank you Gerold !!! :huh:

No answer as I use this way also... :unsure:

Merci, Jean Marc. I would have been more happy without the clouds and with a view to these mountains!

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images and story Gerold.:)

I am using Imgur too and I have to do the same.:huh:

I bit easier now that I have finally worked out how to get the BBC code but still have to do individually.:rolleyes:

Oh well better than nothing.;)

You say it Martyn, better than nothing. But me no like this waste of time, I´d prefer to use it for commenting, flying or even installing new things!

13 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very nice shots Gerold, it is always surprising how high altitude drains the power of those standard engines!

As for Imgur, it was my first experience with it with the Timkenumo post. I had to paste every single shot individually and make a note of what the image contains since Imgur changes the name of the file to something that says absolutely nothing. Then I realized that there was also a possibility of posting the same shot twice. So I selected the preview post in Orbx to check out that everything was fine. I prefer the old way with fsfiles.org, much quickier with less chance of making a mistake...!^_^

Indeed, the power loss of the pistons was amazing, Francois. Only the (standard) ATC did not know about this and was frequently calling me to accelarate climb!

I see you face the same challenges than I do with Imgur. Not too satisfying, may be this will dry out the screenshot forum here a bit :huh:...

13 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Wonderful shots Gerold and I copy the Imgur-codes each one separately, too. ^_^

Thank you Lars, even for your confirmation...!

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful flight Gerold and I do the same, I love IMGUR, I don't mind having to do each one separately.

Thank you Jack, and you show symptoms of a virus: I can´t believe you love these complications :D!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Regardless François, I always preview a post and make sure there are no glaring errors.

I have had the same problem with Imgur by posting the same image twice.

Fsfiles are much easier and better for me and also it is what I am used to.

Here we are in the club: Extra work, plus a change in daily life - I am also liking what I was used to.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! A great flight :)

Thank you Paul!

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

What a super  set of shots Gerold and i like the old prop aircraft  better than jets regards EMM

Thanks Stewart. Nevertheless in the mountains turbocharged props or jet do have some advantage...!

Archived