Coffs Harbour

John York

It's on 10 John.  If it should be something else, can you give me a figure that will do for the whole of Australia please?  Many thanks.

That's a quick response.  To think years ago I used to deal with Australia in code through Cable and Wireless and that always took 24 hours! ;D

All the best for Christmas.

John

• 2 weeks later...

The small outcrop with the shops and car parking was set a little higher than the water as that is how it is in real life, however the downside is the situation you are seeing where the water meets the land. We can place a small flatten to the area to bring everything down to water level and that will eliminate the 'uphill' water effect. We can do that with a future service pack.

The issue with the seaplane airport is not related to Orbx. OZx have placed that one there and from what I can see, it has no taxiways or parking and is linked via ATC to the main Coffs airport. You will need to follow this matter up on the OZx forum.

The real Coffs Harbour has a relatively large open bay area and is not really suitable for seaplane activity. While some seaplanes do visit when conditions are favourable, there are no seaplanes actually based at Coffs and there are no seaplane facilities in the harbour area.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I see Graham.

Thanks for that explanation.  It's no great deal but at some time it would be nice to have a flatten please to hide the walls of water.  We get that occasionally with the Horizon Photo Scenery too and usually when its spotted one of the guys does that to get rid of it.  I understand your point it has to do with elevations.

I suppose its one of the prices to pay for not sticking with the FSX default scenery!  But with Orbx/OZx who on earth would want to?!!

The problem with this one is that although I know it's not exactly real, well, not at all from what you write, but it is such a pretty and attractive place that I personally would have liked to use it as my sort of sea-plane base if you see what I mean.  Now, until I've explored the others, I'll probably go back to thinking of Rose Bay as that.

All the best, and thanks for clearing it up.

John

Archived