From the sea. Cross the hills. Into the forest.

Surrounded by LANPeru birds we get ready in Lima-Callao for another, slightly longer tour. These luxury tourists just do not want to take the bus...!

2018-5-2_21-38-58-683.jpg

To be honest the coastal area looks no too exiting for me with OpenLC.

2018-5-2_21-56Lima.jpg

But it gets better over Huanuco, when the Andes grow and some greenish comes up in the distance...

2018-5-2_22-15Huanuco.jpg

The Cordillera Azul reminds me of the MacDonnell Ranges, just with a slightly different colour.
2018-5-2_22-22CordilleraAzul.jpg

We start to follow a little creek: Rio Ucayali. Well, a creek of 2670 km length and a width up to 1200 metres... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ucayali_River
2018-5-2_22-33RioUcayali.jpg
2018-5-2_22-42-31-105.jpg

After the city of Nauta it merges with the Rio Maranon to form the Amazonas.
2018-5-2_22-48Amazonas.jpg

The biggest city around: Iquitos. Can only be reached by ship or plane (no road access), and was rapidly growing during the Amazon Rubber Boom. Not to the advantage of the indigenous inhabitants of the region. Average temperatures are over 30°C in every month, humidity rarely falling under 80%. Finnish people have to build wood houses to get these conditions.
2018-5-2_22-55Iquitos.jpg
2018-5-2_23-3-38-177.jpg

Wonderful flight Gerold with an interesting narration.

Just incredible how big these rivers and still so far from the sea.

With temperatures and humidity like this it is definitely a place I would not like to live.:lol:

Thnak you very much for commenting, @mikee, @paulb, @Iain Emms and @adambar !

21 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very interesting region, the Iquito sector and the Amazon region remind me of a movie made by Werner Herzog with Klaus Kinsky .

Oh yes indeed, the story about making this movie is as interesting as the movie itself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitzcarraldo! And we have one guy here on the forum who would be in a position to act in this movie as well, considereing where he has been driving with ships recently... :D

21 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you very much, Gerold, for a very interesting voyage to a rarely treated region of our flightsim world. I once wanted to write a book that plays there, but somehow I didn't come to finish it...

Hmmm, I would not recommend you cut some time from simming in favour of your book. But maybe from work...?

21 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice flight into the Amazon area Gerold...I can feel the humidity already ;) 

Me too, Landon. Probably the same in every forest near the equator.

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful flight Gerold with an interesting narration.

Just incredible how big these rivers and still so far from the sea.

With temperatures and humidity like this it is definitely a place I would not like to live.:lol:

Thank you Martyn. Not ony are these rivers big, I have some ideas of what may be living in them... :ph34r:

And the climate is not for me either.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice scenery and flight Gerold and you just described the Atlanta area, for most of the year.  :wacko:

Thanks Jack. I know USA´s south can be unconvenient, but I suppose the tropics are an even heavier thing?!

Great shots - best for me is the one of rio Maranon with amazing atmosphere :rolleyes:

to read about the Indians way of Life in amazonian forest "chronique des indiens gayakis" terres humaines édition which is really interesting 

On 3 mai 2018 at 9:34 PM, Orbxtreme said:

Very interesting region, the Iquito sector and the Amazon region remind me of a movie made by Werner Herzog with Klaus Kinsky .

Oh yes and "Aguire" about the foolish expedition of conquistador :)

11 hours ago, jean marc said:

Oh yes and "Aguire" about the foolish expedition of conquistador :)

From reading about Fitzcarraldo this should indeed be an interesting one... ;)!

9 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

:D Yes of course... you're so right, sir.

It´s about setting priorities, isn´t it :D?!

Archived