active KSTS Misplaced effects texture?

B77X

I did a clean install last month and recently added KSTS again through FTX Central. In the P3D effects folder is a file now called fx_2_orbx_KSTS.bmp should this be in p3d\texture or p3d\effects\texture?

Thanks.

Yes, I think that is a fair assumption.

You can either leave it, delete it or move it to the Effects folder where there already is one.

I expect that it was a small error in the installer but it could not possibly have an effect (!)

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

Yes, I think that is a fair assumption.

You can either leave it, delete it or move it to the Effects folder where there already is one.

I expect that it was a small error in the installer but it could not possibly have an effect (!)

If the texture effect is missing that could have an effect right? I wondered why I had very dim lighting in KSTS

• 1 year later...

Clarification needed:

Judging from the time stamps, B77X's second post and Nick's first post may have conflicted. B77X has 2 separate issues, but it looks as if Nick has only dealt with the second one and the posts have criss-crossed somewhat between the 2 issues...

Note - this is based on assumption on my part - and we all know what happens when we assume...

1 - fx_2_orbx_KSTS.bmp;

This file is apparently misplaced by the installer in -  Prepar3D\Effects

I am guessing it should be in - Prepar3D\Effects\texture

This is based on the fact that there are no 'fx_2_orbx_****' files in the 'Prepar3D\Texture' folder, but there are in the 'Prepar3D\Effects\texture' folder...

I had no 'fx_2_orbx_KSTS.bmp' in my 'Prepar3D\Effects\texture' folder, so I agree with B77X that...

If the texture effect is missing that could have an effect right?

2 - ORBX_KPSP_LightShade_RotMed.fx;

Nick is right on this - this file is in both places, and seem identical, so delete it out of 'Prepar3D\Effects\texture' if you wish...