Every Mountain Man should fly here!

Today we have a slightly more powerful machine to get out of Cuzco (it is the Milviz P-38 freeware, flawlessly working in p3dv4 - thanks!).

2018-5-1_13-10Cuzco.jpg

Rio Urubamba brings the mesh to its limits.

2018-5-1_13-16RioUrubamba.jpg

I have set a GPS waypoint to Machu Picchu as precisely as I could. But the ancient place is not showing up to me :o... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu
2018-5-1_13-18noMacchuPicchu.jpg
2018-5-1_13-19-7-379.jpg

The snowy peak in the background should be Mt. Chawpimayu.
2018-5-1_13-22Chawpimayu.jpg

Here we fly over the city of San Francisco. May be well known to some of you. With all sliders maxed and AI traffic to 100 % I get constant 30 FPS here, in contrast to many flight simmers reports.
2018-5-1_13-35SanFrancisco.jpg

Plan-G had recommended FL 206 for this trip, but this is obviously not enough...
2018-5-1_13-47FL206.jpg
2018-5-1_14-7-43-252.jpg

Only 10 minutes later we descend towards the Pacific, following Rio Rimac...
2018-5-1_14-18RioRimac.jpg
2018-5-1_14-19-30-205.jpg

... and into Lima´s main airport Jorge Chavez Intl.
2018-5-1_14-32Lima.jpg

The first good landing after some days in the mountains... :blink:
2018-5-1_14-35-58-940.jpg
2018-5-1_14-41SPIM.jpg

Some high altitude adventurous flying Gerold! Too bad you could not find Machu Picchu...would have been nice to have seen. Looks like a good aircraft choice for clearing those mountains though ;) 

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you, Iain!

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Don't wanna go there looks dangerous. You're flying on potato juice again?:P:D

With that high energy fuel the P-38 makes this flight an easy one, no need to fear. It is only the cloud coverage that gives an uneasy feeling... :huh:

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Gangbusters bunch of shots!

Thanks, Bermuda!

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Some high altitude adventurous flying Gerold! Too bad you could not find Machu Picchu...would have been nice to have seen. Looks like a good aircraft choice for clearing those mountains though ;) 

As mentioned, the P-38 is freeware now on the Milviz site. A good addition to the one with the older instrumentation.

I really expected that world heritage as a POI in OpenLC. Maybe there is some freeware around... I´ll have a look!

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

That was a great flight Gerold!!!!!  Great shots of the mountains and other scenery!!!!!!!!

Thank you, John. This part of the Andes is the most beautiful I have seen on my tour (coming from the south). Let me check some more...!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some excellent views up in the mountains Gerold.

Sadly we might have to wait for the FTX region of Peru to come out before there is a detailed rendition of Machu Picchu.:(

Thank you Martyn. Maybe I had too much potato concentrate the evening before, but I could not find the #1 attraction of the country. As said above, I will have a look if there is some freeware around...:ph34r:

Outstanding Gerold, I loved this tour and I've always been fascinated with Machu Picchu, just watched some YT's on it last week in fact.  Some very serious unanswered questions in this answer.  And Orbx's SA look mighty fine, I need to get back here.  I'm still amazed at this place, it's like you encounter Everest every five minutes here!

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding Gerold, I loved this tour and I've always been fascinated with Machu Picchu, just watched some YT's on it last week in fact.  Some very serious unanswered questions in this answer.  And Orbx's SA look mighty fine, I need to get back here.  I'm still amazed at this place, it's like you encounter Everest every five minutes here!

Thank you Jack. I can´t answer any more questions on the Inka regime or the spanish conquistadores as well - and there is no evidence in my sim (yet)! What I can say, flying is interesting with these "hills" and clouds...:o

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Ideal choice of aircraft Gerold. A P-38 should have no problems over those mountains :).

Yes Paul, it made me feel much more relaxed than the DC-3 and the Twotter on the legs before...!

7 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Nice! what do you use for mesh?

Nice shots!

Thank you Victor!

Pilot´s FS Global 2010, the standard version.

7 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

That's really cool; I bet there is tons of fun bush flying to do in South America.  AOPA had a little report on bush flying in Columbia last week.

I need to get LC South America and fly there. :)

.... and I need to watch your video later on! Or fly? Or both? Decisions, decisions....

5 hours ago, mikee said:

Great set ! I like the plane a lot :rolleyes:

Thank you Mikee! Next time I´ll try the p3d default version with the older instruments, let´s see how that turn out...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Some mighty fine shots you showed us here, Gerold. I mostly prefer mountain shots over any other landscape... too bad there's no Inka flow for Orbx! :angry:;)

Indeed lars, some life like InkaFlow would be great here. Though... nowadays it must be TouristFlow, which can be utilized at many other POIs of the world as well. Imagine the British with the shorts, beer cans and the red skin. The Germans with their shorts, sandals and white socks. The Aussies with their Akubras. The Chinese with the heavy SLR cameras. Let´s flow in more stereotypes here :D!

19 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Your shots have the appearance of brushed on textures and those colors are so much better than the standard RGB look. 

Thank you, OnD. I feel this might be REX 4´s magic added to FTX Global.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed lars, some life like InkaFlow would be great here. Though... nowadays it must be TouristFlow, which can be utilized at many other POIs of the world as well. Imagine the British with the shorts, beer cans and the red skin. The Germans with their shorts, sandals and white socks. The Aussies with their Akubras. The Chinese with the heavy SLR cameras. Let´s flow in more stereotypes here :D!

I totally agree - but Tourist Flow should also manifest as people boarding our planes!

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great set and interesting cloud definition in those shots. I too have searched for the Machu Piccu but have not found it.

I leave the clouds to AS16 and ASCA, Francois - and I like the impression I get.

Archived