OrbxTrueEarth XP11

Doogerie

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, Rodneyprice said:

Looking forward to True Earth , the question I ask is , are we going to need mega computers to run this ? are the current high end systems up to this ?

If the Barton scenery is any indication, I've seen a noticeable increase in framerate and visual quality when you enter the OrbX scenery from Ortho4XP+GBpro. The effect is most noticeable in 2D compared to VR, but if Barton uses the same tech as TrueEarth I think it's safe to be optimistic.

On 24/04/2018 at 11:14 PM, Martin Poole said:

another question Nick is the TrueEarth scenery around Barton (if it is that) is it that the same 1m pixel density as what's in TrueEarth Netherlands.

Please and Thank You

Yes, it's 1m/px hand-corrected imagery for all of England, along with a high resolution mesh.

On 25/04/2018 at 11:06 PM, John Hargreaves said:

OrbX scenery from Ortho4XP+GBpro. The effect is most noticeable in 2D compared to VR, but if Barton uses the same tech as TrueEarth I think it's safe to be optimistic.

It certainly does perform better (and looks better) that GB Pro. This is one my main goals whilst developing and I'm constantly comparing it to make sure. 

Archived