Chili again

Stillwater

After my little PNW excursion it is time to continue my South America tour before weather gets too bad. So I took a little jetliner from San Carlos de Bariloche...

2018-4-8_12-48SanCarlosdeBariloche.jpg
2018-4-8_12-54-3-914.jpg

Not too many trees around the airport here...
2018-4-8_12-56-36-685.jpg
2018-4-8_13-1-53-695.jpg

Climbing out over the Lago Todos Los Santos...
2018-4-8_13-4LagoTodosLosSantos.jpg

... towards another series of volcanos: El Lanin, el Quetrupilan y el Villarica. No doubt we are over the Ring of Fire here...
2018-4-8_13-11LaninQuetrupilanVillarica.

2018-4-8_13-26-58-784.jpg

The country has long distances to fly - but you can easily see the snowy mountains and the Pacific at the same time, just depending to which side of the cockpit you are looking out.

2018-4-8_13-54Pacific.jpg

That´s our destination for today: The Santiago valley.
2018-4-8_14-4Santiagovalley.jpg

At least some runway lights come into view. Unfortunate is the sidestep just before touchdown, but fortunately this is only a sim...:ph34r:
2018-4-8_14-17Final.jpg

Thank you for watching and commenting on this leg, @BradB, @European Mountain Man, @adambar, @Iain Emms, @paulb and @Taph!

14 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Gerold, we don't often see that part of the country!!!!  Thanks for posting.

Thanks John. In fact this is not the most exciting part of the region for posting - but the work needs to be done to get a feeling of the size of the continent.

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Another fine South American adventure Gerold. These screenshots show lots of details even when there are not a lot of natural details ;) 

You make the point, Landon. A very realistic feeling on these flights - and this is what we want, isn´t it?

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some magnificent mountain scenery in these images but definitely not one for the dogs.:o

Long distances to be travelled from north to south but a doddle for those travelling east to west.B)

From east to west I could have taken the paramotor, and still this flight would have been finished faster :D.

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot Gerold as always. Thank god you said Chile and not chilly it would have been "Blazing Saddles" in your plane all over again.:rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, we may now serve you a little snack.

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great flight Gerold!  My favorite was the last one on approach.  And amazing how you can see the Pacific and the snow capped mountains at the same time too.

Thank you, Jack. Indeed this country has interesting dimensions!

9 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Extra prima good selection of shots Martyn! The few trees must be good on your performance! Some dangerous weather in the distance....

Thank you Bermuda. The weather seemed just bad with the visibility, no strong winds around.

Plus, thank you for the compliment (to mix me up with master Martyn @VH-KDK)!

8 hours ago, mikee said:

A Great Set , well done :rolleyes:

Thanks Mikee!

Archived