Differences between FTX Global Base Pack and FTX OpenLC Europe and FTX Vector?

Almedin

Hello, I just bought couple days ago FTX Global Base Pack and I'm very happy and very impressed with the new textures. Basically FSX SE is turned in a whole new simulator and no Impact on FPS. So I'm planning to buy FTX Vector and FTX OpenLC Europe. My question is can somebody tell me what the differenceis between FTX Global Base Pack and FTX OpenLC Europe and FTX Vector? I would be very thankful if someone can post a two screenshots on the same airport for example (LYPG, LYBE or LYTV) one with FTX Global Base Pack and one with FTX Global and OpenLC Europe or together with FTX Vector so I can see the difference between this products. 

Cheers

Almedin

John, that is a good article. Don't mean to hijack a post but I think this is relevant and belongs here. I was little confused when the article mentions that the regional sceneries include vector and landclass. Does that mean that in say Pac NW for example I wouldn't need Global Vector and Open LC? Global Base is still required but wondering about the others. 

Thanks. 

Bill 

38 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hey Mate , welcome to the forum . This article does a pretty good job of explaining the different Orbx products : http://c-aviation.net/guide-orbx-products-global-vector-openlc/

Cheers

John

Thank you very much for your help is a good article I also found this on youtube is very useful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbYpYbD6d-c

I'm definitely going to buy FTX Global Vector and FTX OpenLC Europe!

Is there a impact on FPS with FTX OpenLC Europe? I have around 58-60 FPS with FTX Global Base Pack in DX10 FSX SE.

Thank you

Cheers 

Almedin

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Differences between FTX Global Base Pack and FTX OpenLC Europe and FTX Vector?
On 4/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, Almedin said:

Is there a impact on FPS with FTX OpenLC Europe? I have around 58-60 FPS with FTX Global Base Pack in DX10 FSX SE.

I don't think OpenLC should have much, if any, affect on your fps.  Global Base shouldn't have affected it either.

OpenLC is just replacing the default land class layer with a new, more accurate, land class layer.  It is basically a map of where the sim will draw different types of textures.  Global Base is just a replacement set of textures.  The sim just uses the new land class "map" to place the new textures.  

Regarding you OP about the differences in the FTX Global products, a picture is worth a thousand words:

Orbxproducts.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hello

If  I use ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe can I also use FS Global Ultimate.

Recently I have chosen to delete ORBX Vector  and use Black Marble Vector instead.  Although currently the coastlines are not produced with Black Marble Vector I have found that BMV provides better system performance compared with ORBX Vector.  As I understand BMV is more current and precise than ORBX vector, is this correct??

Any opinions or comments welcome.

Clive Alexander

Hello,

yes, you can use FS Global Ultimate mesh with Orbx products.

No, you will not be receiving a comparative review from Orbx with

another developer's product.

In fact, if you read the product description of both, your question will be answered..

• 6 months later...

Hey i bought orbx vector and i also bought the north america Rockies scenery packs. As I tried to install them it wont install into my simulator because its says i need the global base pack to run them and is that true? I also didn't know that because in my fsx  scenery BTW it is fsx steam edition it just has the default scenery 

Could i please get some help on this asap.

• 7 months later...

I realize this is a rather old thread but as I think it fits in here no use of making a new one.

I got FTX Global some time ago and I'm very pleased with the result.

I use it together with UTX Europe (which I acquired some years ago) and it works very well.

However I'm a little puzzled about the Orbx!OPENLC_EUROPE1 I have in my scenery.cfg since I installed Global.

So my questions, what impact does this have on the sim and should I have this active in my scenery.cfg or

the UTX Landclass custom and Urban or both the Glabal and UTX one?

Cheers,

Luc

Archived