Two Oceans and Three Missing Peaks

Stillwater

I was taking off from Punta Arenas with the Atlantic Ocean in sight...

2018-4-4_19-48PuntaArenas.jpg

The southern tierra del fuego. Not too exciting in this view...

2018-4-4_20-5TierradelFuego.jpg

The city of Puerto Natales, which opens up to the Pacific.

2018-4-4_20-24PuertoNatales.jpg

And here we enter the Andes at their finest: Grey Lake just under the 208, with the Glaciar Grey behind. Mt. Fitz Roy in the middle, the Torres del Paine to the right.

2018-4-4_20-40GlaciarGrey.jpg

Here we would expect the 3 Torres...
2018-4-4_20-51TorresdelPaine.jpg

... and this is how they should look ideally...

Unbenannt.jpg

https://www.gochile.cl/en/torres-del-paine-national-park/ 

Lago Argentino, slightly north...
2018-4-4_21-7LagoArgentino.jpg

... and the approach to El Calafate airport. Also not too spectacular, but suited to change to a faster plane...

2018-4-4_21-16ElCalafate.jpg

17 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Wow Gerold, those are some impressive SA mountain shots! The Andes are an amazing mountain range.

Thank you Landon. I expect more good mountain tours while heading further north, but this southern tip already tooks top!

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful scenery in your flight Gerold.

Some spectacular scenery both in FSim and RL.:)

FTX Grass would be beneficial here.;)

Thanks Martyn. And imagine the FTX lawnmowers!

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Still all things considered this is a great set of screenshots and a nice narrated tour Gerold.

My pleasure to take you around, Jack - even without bridges!

9 hours ago, BradB said:

More quality shots from SA Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John. I am sure I´ll reach more temperate areas soon, where you may enjoy the typical BikiniFlow.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Magnificent set of SA shots Gerold, well done! :)

Thank you Adam!

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful set Gerold ! I like the paint a lot !:) Where did you get it from ?

Thank you ,

Mike

Thanks Mike. I was a bit unsatisfied, as I could not fine some south american liveries, so I had to make this safari with the NZL version. It is a paint done by @jankees in 2011: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1647-carenado-c208b-grand-caravan-zk-sri-air-safaris/ 

Regarding the missing peaks of the Torres del Paine: I have contacted Frank Dainese, and he had to tell me that the servers with the 2014 freeware are down, so it is not officially available any more. What a pity to lose this work.

I would certainly vote for a little payware project here in conjunction with openLC_SA, take the remainders of the old freeware El Calafate airport together with the Torres del Paine N. P., add a little Nature & CreatureFlow and throw it on the market here... ok, I am biased... :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.4.2018 at 3:12 PM, Stillwater said:

Regarding the missing peaks of the Torres del Paine: I have contacted Frank Dainese, and he had to tell me that the servers with the 2014 freeware are down, so it is not officially available any more. What a pity to lose this work.

I would certainly vote for a little payware project here in conjunction with openLC_SA, take the remainders of the old freeware El Calafate airport together with the Torres del Paine N. P., add a little Nature & CreatureFlow and throw it on the market here... ok, I am biased... :D

Fantastic set of screenshots, Gerold, even though the Torres del Paine were missing. Perhaps I should take a look and find out how they look with FS Global Ultimate NG...

I have El Calafate from Flight Sim Argentina, is that the one you use? It's a bit blurry, but I don't go there that often, so it's ok.

36 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I have El Calafate from Flight Sim Argentina, is that the one you use?

No I have just OpenLC / FTX Global running here. El Calafate was also included in Franks work, but seems to be lost for now. Unless someone has it on HDD and can return it to Frank...

Archived