Orbx earth for australia

wsuch

This is a valid question. I read ORBX will remake AUS using Landclass Technology. I don't think you've to be a visionary to foresee the first TreuEarth  releases to become bestellers, in a big way. That begs the question if people are willing to buy Landclass-based Regions in the future. I for one would rather throw away my 500 GM SSD for a 2 TB one or whatever will be required to host TrueEarth Regions.

That's my view as a user. Seen from ORBX, I understand availability of affordable Orthophotos for TrueEarth may be limited regionally and this may be the catch. Another one may be limited manpower for making these Regions from scratch. 

Kind regards, Michael

47 minutes ago, pmb said:

This is a valid question. I read ORBX will remake AUS using Landclass Technology. I don't think you've to be a visionary to foresee the first TreuEarth  releases to become bestellers, in a big way. That begs the question if people are willing to buy Landclass-based Regions in the future. I for one would rather throw away my 500 GM SSD for a 2 TB one or whatever will be required to host TrueEarth Regions.

That 2 TB would be eaten up by Australia TrueEarth I feel:) together with all our other sceneries and addons.  However, why not compromise a bit? Have the cities and towns in TrueEarth and the outback or rural areas in Landclass.

That would cut down on the size of Australia.

Cheers,

Bart

47 minutes ago, pmb said:

Archived